Archinect
anchor

ASYMPTOTE - Millennium Tower World Business Center

contemax

new pics of the Busan World Business Center by ASYMPTOTE

The Solomon Group, a private Korean developer, intends to move forward with Asymptote's design for a 560m tall tower, which upon completion will be the tallest building in Asia.
Asymptote's design for the WBCB questions older notions of singularity and autonomy in tall building design being a juxtaposition of three distinct forms and the subsequent voids they delineate. This composition takes as its inspiration Busan's dramatic skyline and the spectacular backdrop of sea and mountains that surround it. The base of the tower negotiates both the site and city at the entrance level, transporting people up a sky lobby and garden already situated high above the city. Here three slender towers rise even higher gracefully tapering upwards around a spectacular central void garden.

Apr 7, 07 1:16 am
chupacabra

The Siamese triplet office bldg doesn't work for me when Rem or Asymptote does it . I would be interested in what Ken Yeang would do with this project.

I would like to see more about the project as the images above do not do much to excite me.

Apr 7, 07 1:21 am  · 
 · 
Katze

I think that pic belongs on the Arch Stamp or Butt Plug thread.

Apr 7, 07 1:27 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

the gigantor three pronged butt plug...BUY NOW!!!!!!

Apr 7, 07 1:29 am  · 
 · 
contemax

give them a chance, asymptote after years and years of building nothing but 2 shops and a pavilion - finaly they found a market (asia ...and the gulfstates -by the way they opend a second office there) to sell this kind of architecture...

Apr 7, 07 2:12 am  · 
 · 
silence

to be honest , .... we have seen much worse stuff, but sorry, I would give a chance hundreds of others seeing this..

Apr 7, 07 5:56 am  · 
 · 
n_

i love this huge "world's highest building" competition thing they have going on in asia.

shanghai will take the honors later this year for the financial tower designed by kpf. only for it to be stolen away by a building in dubai that is slated for opening in late 2008. i am assuming this one might be next?

Apr 7, 07 9:20 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

What gluttonous designs and locations (Dubai) for this day and age, Sadly, I think were are doomed and will only change in superficial ways that will have not real global effect.

It is time for the dolphins to rule.

Apr 7, 07 10:23 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

Maybe Bobbie will save the world.

Apr 7, 07 10:32 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

how much of the polar ice caps will have to melt before this one is under water??? enjoy your dancing penguins now because they are going extinct.

Apr 7, 07 11:13 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

dolphins yo, dolphins.

Apr 7, 07 11:19 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

maybe a penguin baby will mutate that can live on something other than krill...maybe they can live off of bottle caps and cigarette butts.

Apr 7, 07 11:20 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

bottle caps and ciggy butts. they will never go extinct.

Apr 7, 07 11:22 am  · 
 · 
n_

I am sure that some oil-rich prince is willing to fork over 30 trillion dollars so that Dubai will become the world's first levitating city in delusional hopes of preventing the polar ice caps from submersing his lovely city. Dubai scoffs at global warming.

Wait, isn't that kind of a silly mental image?

Apr 7, 07 11:23 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

I scoff at golf courses in the desert, yet, here we are.

Apr 7, 07 11:24 am  · 
 · 
n_

I scoff at the world's highest tennis court.

Wind is pretty powerful at such heights:

Apr 7, 07 11:36 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

man i was wondering where that freakin tennis ball came from. you don't expect to get hit by tennis ball while yachting. off for some golf in the sahara.

Apr 7, 07 11:45 am  · 
 · 
n_

vado, i'll get my personal helicopter to pick you up after your 18 round so that we can drink wine and scoff at plebians.

Apr 7, 07 11:51 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

the world is our oyster...and cesspool.

Apr 7, 07 11:54 am  · 
 · 
n_

On a note about Asymptote, I recently purchased their book, FLUX. There virtual NYSE is really interesting.

Apr 7, 07 12:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: