Archinect
anchor

YOUR OPINION!!!

sheri25

What do you think about John lautner's Design?

Apr 6, 07 4:10 pm
strlt_typ

i like jackie treehorn's house...i saw it featured on oprah and the tiny skylights are made of upside down drinking glass...

Apr 6, 07 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

this is so weird, I was just talking about the Chemosphere with my boss about 2 minutes ago (literally). Anyway, my company has worked on a couple of his projects and they are eccentric (as are the inhabitants). as crazy as his projects seem, he is credited with them "making sense"...

Apr 6, 07 4:20 pm  · 
 · 

classic west coast modernism...like west coast jazz

Apr 6, 07 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

well thats like just your opinion man...

Apr 6, 07 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

jackie treehorn PrEsEnTs

Apr 6, 07 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

John Lautner, he was certainly a Star Architect in his time. I understand his firm is now headed up by a Woman Architect who was originally from Chile. She did a real nice project up Napa Way....
John Lautner...was also under the influence of Bruce Goff...as is Bart Prince, Micky Munning, and assorted others.....So I say, Rock ON JOHN!

Apr 6, 07 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

you know, some of his stuff, i don't particularly care for, but he did have a good sense of craftsmanship and materials.

i've loved the sheats-goldstein residence since our studio prof arranged a tour when i was in my 3rd year. freakin' PIMP!!!

Apr 6, 07 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
dierxap

Lautner worked for Wright for a number of years.
Grossly underappreciated by academia, but that is probably be cause he was an apprentice under Wright....and academia barely acknowledges Wright.

His concrete shell houses are unbelievable. The private house in Malibu is just sick. (there are two; one a short walk down the beach from Meier's Akerberg house, the other off the cliffs further north)

Apr 7, 07 8:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: