Archinect
anchor

Mau designs new edition of AGS

db

so it seems Bruce Mau (Zone Books, SMLXL, etc) has redesigned the 11th edition of Architectural Graphic Standards.

anyone have this yet and can comment on the new page layout, typeface, overall design ??

sounds like it'll be pretty cool. I may actually buy it for the design (?!)

Apr 3, 07 11:07 am
Alan Loomis

The publisher (Wiley) has some downloadable sample pages on their website > http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-292904.html

Looks pretty cool.

Apr 3, 07 11:56 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I take back *some* of what I've said about Mau....

Apr 3, 07 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
Bob Canvas

Can't confrim that Bruce Mau is doing this from anything on the Wiley site. How did you find this out?

Apr 3, 07 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
outed

it's been in all the publicity literature (the fact that mau is the designer). not sure it's shipping yet, but if not, it should be very, very soon.

from what i've seen in the promo literature, it looks pretty good. not mind blowingly good, but a step up from where they were.

Apr 3, 07 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
db

I saw it mentioned in the Prairie Ave newsletter (fyi)
and yes, from the sample pages on he wiley website, not mindblowing or radical design, but a good clear upgrade that suits the purpose.
hey bruce, nice job!

Apr 3, 07 6:11 pm  · 
 · 

Yeah, not mindblowing at all. I look forward to seeing some full pages, but it doesn't look like there's a lot to it as is ... probably that's the point, though.

It's good that they're showing some visual explanations of sustainable and accessible elements. I haven't seen a recent Graphic Standards in a long time, does anyone know if this is new or have they been showing this type of stuff for a while?

Apr 3, 07 8:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: