Archinect
anchor

one day in Milan

Cameron

Hey all, I'm off to Milan for a talk and will be flying in on Monday. As the talk is not until Tuesday night I have a day to explore the city. any suggestions?

C.

Apr 1, 07 1:19 am
AP

Vittorio Emanuele Gallery, adjacent to the Cathedral

Have fun!

Apr 1, 07 1:39 am  · 
 · 
morfo

Last Supper! Make sure you check out the painting... very restricted hours for visit... good luck

Apr 1, 07 2:04 am  · 
 · 
aml

- right out of my milano architectural guide from 2002, don't know i the trams will be the same -

aldo rossi's gallaratese:
monte amiata residential complex
via cilea; via falck
mm i san leonardo; bus 68, 69 (gallaratese)
[not exactly city exploring, as its on a suburb]

if you are into giuseppe terragni:

casa comolli rustici
via cola montano i
tram 4, 11

rustici building for residences and offices
corso sempione 36
tram 1, 29, 30, 33; bus 57, 94

also, if you get the chance 30 minutes will get you to como to see the casa del fascio and a bunch of early terragni.

Apr 1, 07 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
aml

[as these are houses, you can't get in unless you wait for the doorman to leave and then sneak in, but there's a chance a maid will rat you out. then the doorman will proceed to hit on you- well not on you perhaps. who knows]

Apr 1, 07 9:13 pm  · 
 · 
squaresquared

If you've got the time, I second aml's suggestion of going to Como. The Casa del Fascio (and Terragni's work in general) is amazing.

Apr 1, 07 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

I'm off to Milan on Thursday, would have enjoyed a drink.

Apr 2, 07 10:55 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

my one time in milan (a couple of days) was spent in the bathroom due to eating a bad egg salad sandwich purchased on the rialto bridge in venice a couple of days earlier.

considering my...ummm....situation, i decided to splurge on a really nice hotel room with a bitchin' modern travertine restroom. i still remember that restroom as a bit of well designed comfort in a time of personal...err...crisis.

anyhow, it was across the kittycorner across the piazza from the train station.

Apr 2, 07 11:30 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: