Archinect
anchor

life vs. death

I may be late on the this vs. that scene, but I couldn't resist.

You know, you don't get to choose to be born into this world. You *pop* out of the womb and you're just here one day. But each day forward, you get one day closer to death. Or are you living one more day than have before?

So, as Dylan says: are you busy living or are you busy dying?

Mar 29, 07 11:59 pm
binary

i have always believed that once the physical form is dead, the soul goes to another place...... whether it's another universe or what ever... i havent gotten that far yet....

not sure if anyone has had trouble sleeping...such as.... when you are asleep and you have this feeling of not being able to breathe or move or even react in some cases....well a friend told me that it's your soul trying to leave the body for a short time and your physical body doesnt understand that action taking place...therefore your body goes into a shock.....

b

Mar 30, 07 12:32 am  · 
 · 
poncedeleonel

I'm busy living..leave death for another time.

Mar 30, 07 1:27 am  · 
 · 

what about... Death vs. Cal Poly Pomona?

Mar 30, 07 1:31 am  · 
 · 
Philarch

Cryzko, I believe that is also known as sleep paralysis. Scientists use it to explain alien abduction dreams. I think almost everyone has this kind of sleep paralysis at one point in their lives. But then again, what do I know. I don't sleep.

As for life vs. death, I think life wins.

Mar 30, 07 1:56 am  · 
 · 
Hypnagogia

I get them from time to time accompanied by sleep paralysis. As a child I used to think a demon was going to swoop down from the shadows in the corners of the ceiling, and there I would lie, helpless, motionless, unable to scream. The imagination can be a terrible terrible thing.

rationalist :) I think they are evenly matched.

Mar 30, 07 2:21 am  · 
 · 
Philarch

From the wikipedia site "Many artists, musicians, ARCHITECTS, engineers, and others demanding creativity to be successful have benefited from hypnagogia, where the mind can be free and open to creative and new ideas."

Interesting.

Mar 30, 07 2:24 am  · 
 · 

but I wonder maybe that's what it feels like to die: your body is paralyzed, but your mind is awake for a few moments, suddenly fully conscious of its freedom. And maybe that moment is an infinite moment. Life vs. death therefore becomes an invalid comparison.

It's not an either--or world, it's a both--and.

Mar 30, 07 11:27 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

if humans all die, the rest of the world will live...

Mar 30, 07 11:33 am  · 
 · 

I used to prefer death but life has grown on me.

Mar 30, 07 11:56 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

can't have one without the other.

Mar 30, 07 11:59 am  · 
 · 
mfrech

i believe the question is

life vs. architecture?

Mar 30, 07 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
kristin loves

her newfound ability to accentuate. It does give just that extra bit of POP, doesn't it?

Mar 30, 07 1:33 pm  · 
 · 

I once posed that dilemma to a boss at an unnamed starchitect office. I chose life. He chose to fire me. Best thing that ever happened.

Mar 30, 07 1:35 pm  · 
 · 

kristin, I think the goal of any vs. thread is to nullify the original question.

Mar 30, 07 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

the true question for the ages is

life vs. Ditka

Mar 30, 07 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
George Jetson

Chuck Norris would kick the shit out of life and death, at the same time, in even in the midst of a 'urricane named Norris.

Mar 30, 07 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

well that's very true George: whenever an "A" vs. "B" comparison exists, the mathematical answer is always "C" (Chuck)

Mar 30, 07 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

i heard Chuck Norris was born in a log cabin he built with his own hands.

and the fact that he has no chin, only another fist waiting behind that glorious beard of his.

so chuck vs. life...seeing Chuck Norris is the giver of life, he must also be the taker awayer...er. so technically chuck is life.

Mar 30, 07 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
aquapura

Well, it's Friday, in a few hours I catch a flight to Chicago. Late night of partying is ahead of me for sure. Good enough for me to choose life right now.

Then again, after a night of heavy drinking in Chicago I might be choosing death tomorrow morning.

Mar 30, 07 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

i've found every 7 days that there's life on a drunken early sunday morning, but architecture will take over again on monday morning. is there any remedy?

Apr 1, 07 1:51 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: