Archinect
anchor

who said sustainable architecture had to be boring?

1deviantC
mdler

MDLER WAS HERE

Mar 29, 07 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

yeah it's nice

Despite all the green materials and special techniques, the house cost $310 per square foot to build, not including the cost of land or landscaping, according to the architect.

cheap for l.a.
Mar 29, 07 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

$310 per square foot is cheap?? I want clients who think so.

I usually have about half that to work with...

Mar 29, 07 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

i guess looking at that thing i thought it would be over $400/s.f.

Mar 29, 07 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

I've had the pleasure of working on a few "sustainable" projects that looked as good or better.

There are several architects in europe right now that do that crazy sh*t all the time.

It'd be great to find an architect stateside interested in doing this kind of work.

Instead, I get relegated to detailing cutler-esque projects, and somehow that's sustainable. Right...

Mar 29, 07 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

what's wrong with detailing beautiful wooden boxes? it's much better then drawing gyp board!

do you at least get to grow moss on your roofs?

Mar 29, 07 10:01 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

ouch.

naw, pushing for a sedum roof, but client doesn't want the hassle.

Mar 29, 07 10:09 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

the rest of the county is still stuck with mcmansions and brick, at least you have some really cool tree stumps on brainbridge island.

Mar 29, 07 10:17 pm  · 
 · 

try ivy on the walls...not as beneficial as green roofs but does give considerable amounts back

Mar 29, 07 10:45 pm  · 
 · 

go green..

Apr 22, 07 4:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: