Archinect
anchor

Fulltime Archinectors.....?

difficultfix

Dam,

I notice that alot of you are fulltimers.......(overtiming)

Some of you have a mad amount of entries.....

It seems, Like some of you love posting more than anything and everything.

Anyways.

What is the difference between a partimer and a fulltimer

Mar 28, 07 6:40 pm
JMBarquero/squirrelly

it's called MULTI-TASKING!!!!!
hehe

Mar 28, 07 6:52 pm  · 
 · 

It's called I draft faster than anyone else in the office, so I frequently end up without much work to do. My project managers always overestimate how long things will take me... and I'm in between major projects, so I'm begging work off of people all the time right now. They're getting annoyed, too, I can tell.

Mar 28, 07 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

whatever happened to le bossman? if he's not working full time then neither am i

Mar 28, 07 7:20 pm  · 
 · 

I remember being a fulltimer... those were the days!

Mar 28, 07 7:23 pm  · 
 · 

Lately I've been a fulltimer.... nearly tripling my entries since December

Mar 28, 07 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Many of us go through phases where we are totally bored at work or laid up, and need something to occupy ourselves, like architechno.....

Many also are applying to grad school and there's a good chance that probably anywhere from 10% to 90% of a person's posts are on the grad school thread....like everyone on the grad school thread.....

And then there are those of us who thrive on knowledge and constant interaction and stimulation, which a forum and feature-based site like this is perfect for....

I fall into all 3 categories, thus my "top 10" status.

Mar 28, 07 7:46 pm  · 
 · 
Philarch

I read and post in the time it takes Revit to process. So until the hardware catches up to the software, I have a very good excuse. Oh how I love the dual screen.

Mar 28, 07 8:01 pm  · 
 · 

beautiful words dubK

Mar 28, 07 8:03 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

i read ALOT more than i post

Mar 28, 07 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

its all about this

i'm falling down the rankings. I think i was ahead of puddles and chasing diabase at one point. i just can't keep up.

Mar 28, 07 8:08 pm  · 
 · 

whoa agfa - I honestly thought you were one of those that changed your name...my bad (welcome back though)

Mar 28, 07 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

My career at archinect is helped by an advanced case of ADHD. I can't sit and draw details all day without bouncing off the walls of my cubicle (or does that mean I'm normal?). Archinect is my ritalin :-)

Mar 28, 07 8:12 pm  · 
 · 

Oddly enough I've had more entries as jam-arch as I've had as "techno"

But really what's it about it archinecting in real time

Mar 28, 07 8:13 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

I see those Rankings.......

its impressive / amazing....
I assume some of those topped Ranked doubletime Archinectors.

main reason they turn on their cpus is to go on archinect...

VADO has over 6000,comments...

Not saying thats a bad thing.....

no trying to offend you mr VR

its Just WOW......

Mar 28, 07 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

According to those Rankings Javier Arbona......

in my opinion is number 2......

he has

total comments: 3519

Total entries: 2113

thats about 5600 posts

then Liberty bell would be number 3

Mar 28, 07 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
upside

"My career at archinect is helped by an advanced case of ADHD. I can't sit and draw details all day without bouncing off the walls of my cubicle (or does that mean I'm normal?). Archinect is my ritalin :-)"

same, i think i can only manage 45 min to the hr of focused work, no matter how busy i am.
but i am flat out most of the time so dont post much.

Mar 28, 07 8:19 pm  · 
 · 

I agree with that method... that way John Jourden and Paul Petrunia would leapfrog me, which is only fair.

Mar 28, 07 8:22 pm  · 
 · 
dia

me too - I work in surges - I potter about on the web and then an instant later I am back to ferociously designing. I potter around on Archinect and a number of other websites. I am also a notorious thread killer, and general meany.

Mar 28, 07 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

i love killing threads...

Mar 28, 07 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Im # 11....

may have to take someone out

Mar 28, 07 8:50 pm  · 
 · 

kill away diabase....some of these threads run on for far too long anyway

Mar 28, 07 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
Starland Vocal Band

what does it take to get that many posts? I guess you guys have all been around for a really long time?

do I get some kind of special status or title when I pass 1000?

Mar 28, 07 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

glad to know I follow mdler, I will never be in his gun sights!

Mar 28, 07 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Maybe I'll be the April Thread killer - knocking out people and threads deemed superflous for the month. At the end I will stop and then its my birthday.

Mar 28, 07 9:04 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Starla

I do believe that Vado writes a song for you when you reach 1000 posts

Mar 28, 07 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

S- nice ratio!

Mar 28, 07 9:30 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

i heard at 10,000 you get a free garwondler poster

Mar 28, 07 11:15 pm  · 
 · 

f*ck no! then where's my f*cking song?

Mar 28, 07 11:48 pm  · 
 · 

at 10k I think you just get the garwondler...to keep

Mar 28, 07 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

oh, you're jam-arch...
yeah, I got me a job.

Mar 29, 07 1:18 am  · 
 · 

yup its lowly me. I'm assuming it isn't a good enough job since we haven't seen much of you here. I trust you told them in the interview that you needed 3 hours a day for religious reasons (always important to appease the archinect gods) and an hour after lunch for CPD daily

Mar 29, 07 1:36 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

actually its a very good teaching job and I'm totally into it. The high point of my archinecting was when I wasn't working and was pretty bored. I've always thought of archinecting as working time anyway...

Mar 29, 07 1:48 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

full time lurker here =P

Mar 29, 07 2:42 am  · 
 · 
French

back in the day I was in the top twenty list, but then I decided to become an architect instead of doing rendernigs; so I don't charette overnight as often but I'm not waiting for the computer to process renderings anymore! I don't have time to post :(

Mar 29, 07 6:12 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i have two computers at work, one for this and the other for whatever it is i do when i am not posting.

Mar 29, 07 6:44 am  · 
 · 

so i've been on this version of archinect for a little under three years and i'm just over 4000 posts: doesn't seem like a huge number. average less than 5 posts a day, and we all know that you can get sucked in to 10 or 20 easily.

i spend 45mins>1hr with archinect, flickr, email, etc, while i eat breakfast every morning and then randomly through the day. mostly at lunch or when i'm on the phone.

Mar 29, 07 7:35 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I'm self-employed. I do whatever the f*ck I want with my time.

But I also have this pathological desire to help/assist/reassure people so I can't resist even making one line comments that I feel might give some other human the sense that they are not alone in this ridiculous world of architectural passion.

Mar 29, 07 8:56 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Like this: good post, WonderK!

Mar 29, 07 8:56 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

And there ya go: 2 (now 3) more!

Mar 29, 07 8:57 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Thanks lb!

I forgot one category; people who post responses to other posters who address them. I can't resist, it's like a conversation. I, too, am all about positive encouragement.

Between this and the other 3, I'm sure this constitutes my entire post "library".

Mar 29, 07 9:01 am  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

I think I used to be first page at least.

Now I'm at the top of the second.

But I mostly don't say things about architecture, I get enough of that as is. It's just that i'm borderline socially inept outside of archies.

Now if we could count number of posts typed, then never sent because self-edited for stupidity, i'd be rockin all y'alls....

Mar 29, 07 9:56 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

someone has to be first. it might as well be me.

Mar 29, 07 10:12 am  · 
 · 

I don't know SH, I also have a lot of untyped posts.

(almost deleted this one but felt it would be a nice example)

Mar 29, 07 10:48 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

I tend not to censor myself and typically broadcast my stupidity.

Mar 29, 07 10:55 am  · 
 · 
mdler

write yourself a song, vado

Mar 29, 07 10:58 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i already did writemyselfasong

Mar 29, 07 11:33 am  · 
 · 
filo

orca eva

Mar 29, 07 11:42 am  · 
 · 
e

vado is the only fulltimer.
the rest of us are slackers.

Mar 29, 07 11:56 am  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

i'm just posting to get my numbers up

Mar 29, 07 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

wow, I am behind the eight ball.....so I guess I aint no full timer.....gotta boost those #s

Mar 29, 07 1:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: