Archinect
anchor

NCARB Certification + NCARB renewal fees

chigurh

what is the purpose of paying NCARB renewal fees after you have completed certification?

Seems like it is not necessary, and if you do want to transmit your record  to a different jurisdiction at a future date you can just reinstate your record and pay the fees required at that time.

Am I totally off base on this?

Aug 7, 12 12:20 pm
fulcrum

"If your NCARB Record lapsed for any amount of time before or after licensure, the Certificate Application Fee will be $300 for each year or fraction of a year up to a maximum of $1,500."

http://ncarb.org/Getting-an-Initial-License/NCARB-Fees.aspx

Aug 7, 12 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

thanks...

i knew they would have some clause like that....

kudos to ncarb for trying to screw the remaining, struggling, up and coming generation of architects with their excessive fees.

Aug 7, 12 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

But having a current NCARB record is basically only needed if you ever plan to change the state in which you practice, or add another state, is that correct?  I've been trying to figure out the value of this myself.

Seems like in any case, if you plan to bunker down and stick to your original state for minimum of 5 years, you will still make out ahead, by their own formula.  Am I understanding it correctly?

Aug 7, 12 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
fulcrum

I think you're correct, mantaray; if you know you'll only work in one state where you reside/work, I don't see any point keeping up your NCARB. Yeah, paying that much $ annually to keep a record that takes up about 1MB (I bet it's less) of HD space is ridiculous.

Aug 7, 12 2:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: