Archinect
anchor

grinding or incinerating toilets

OK, here's the issue... I've been asked to do a little research to find out if there is a system that can deal with people flushing foreign objects (clothing, towels, sheets, etc.) down public toilets.

So far I've found up-flushing systems like Saniflo's macerating toilets, but they're just designed to liquify stuff that you'd expect to be in a toilet. I've also looked into incinerating toilets, but they have the same issue, plus I think that if you stuffed some big foreign object into them they'd just burn the building down.

Any thoughts? Has anyone worked on prisons that might have specified something that would work.

Thanks.

Mar 28, 07 9:04 am
cln1

hmmm...
i wonder if you can devise your own system, where you have a standard toilet fixture and then, burried in the wall with an access panel, or in a jan. cl. behind the toilets you install an industrial grade garbage disposal on the waste pipe?

Mar 28, 07 10:04 am  · 
 · 
4arch

Figure out a way to keep people from putting said foreign objects into the toilet in the first place. What the hell kind of person tries to flush a sheet?

Mar 29, 07 8:25 am  · 
 · 

it's a public restroom in a park which is frequented by homeless people... apparently they have gotten better and better at forcing foreign objects through the toilet itself and into the waste stack... and then of course people keep using the toilets even though they are backed up... lovely picture huh... the last time it happened it took a plumber over 4 hours to get whatever was in the pipe out...

Mar 29, 07 8:45 am  · 
 · 

I've always wanted to try to flush a glass bottle down a commercial strength toilet to see if the immense forces would shatter it. I swear the ones we have here would cause a beer bottle to implode.

Mar 29, 07 10:51 am  · 
 · 
not without

how about:

nonflushing with a very, very deep hole in the ground that has cotton eating bacteria in the black water

coin-op crappers that discriminate against the coinless

make it practically unenclosed, save money on the enclosure, dont heat it, dont spend money on advanced toilet technology and pay for an attendant

Mar 29, 07 11:14 am  · 
 · 
mdler

keep babies out of toliets!!!

Mar 29, 07 11:19 am  · 
 · 
freq_arch

Maybe a flow diverter to a gas-fired ignition system?

This is sounding a bit like the architect sketch.

Mar 29, 07 11:31 am  · 
 · 
freq_arch

Sorry,
I have no legitimate answers.

· 
freq_arch

That applies to my life in general, by the way.

· 
snooker

I used one of the toyo toilets with the seat which does just about everything for you.....Funny thing is it comes with a remote...and my client ask if he could get a second remote for when his father inlaw came to visit. Think he was thinking about messing with his mind
while using the toilet.

Mar 29, 07 11:53 am  · 
 · 
pist intern
Mar 29, 07 1:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: