Archinect
anchor

online CM degree

sureel08

does anyone know if an online degree in construction management would be respected as a degree or would it not be in my best interest to pursue it?

thanks

Mar 27, 07 8:19 pm
Sarah Hamilton

No, I don't have a clue, but I am saving you from falling off the page in hopes that someone else can help you. Good luck!

Mar 28, 07 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
sureel08

S.H. thanks

Mar 28, 07 1:28 pm  · 
 · 

sharp moves Sarah!

Uhmmm it wouldn't be respected if it was coming from some non-descrip "institute"; I'd suggest that you find one attached to a crediable school or college. Also check if it has any accrediation to say IPMA or PMI or something like that

Mar 28, 07 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
cadalyst

A degree is just a piece of paper that proves you went to school, and at the bare minimum "tried" to study architecture.

The proof is in the pudding, if you can do the work and prove your skill then you should be fine.

Mar 28, 07 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
sureel08

thanks for the input...ill have my M.Arch in may but was thinking of doing this internet -class deal for construction management on the side/nights while i did my IDP... just trying to set up as many options as possible in the profession (as well as putting off my loans for a few years to save up some cash)...does this make sense or just a waste of time??

Mar 28, 07 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

while i was home for lunch the other day i turned on the tube and there was a commercial for a construction management degree at the local vocational school. lots of happy people wearing hardhats and looking at rolls of drawings. i might check it out.

Mar 28, 07 2:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: