Archinect
anchor

pigeon-baby

gold spot

A gray pigeon has laid an egg on our balcony.......

Mar 27, 07 8:20 am
liberty bell

Good luck. Baby pigeons are among the ugliest creatures in the world. I used to chase pigeons away from my house in Philly all the time, but then I looked out the bathroom window one day and saw that one had nested on the roof right outside. Of course I couldn't make a mother homeless, so we let her stay.

When the babies (3) were a few weeks old we had to replace a window close to them - the poor scrawny little things were terrified. But they survived, and grew up and flew away.

Later I installed pigeon spikes.

Mar 27, 07 8:24 am  · 
 · 
gold spot

l.b.
we are all excited about it...especiallly our two year old..

Mar 27, 07 8:25 am  · 
 · 
+i

we had some hatch once on the dormer of our third floor--- and they were kinda cute actually- and it was fun to watch- and then (to our horror) we came home one day to see them and a crow had eaten them!

Mar 27, 07 8:45 am  · 
 · 
mdler

omlet, anyone???

Mar 27, 07 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

if you crack it open into a glass and drink it you will become a great boxer, as long as you live in Phillie.

"you are going to eat thunder and crap lighting"

Mar 27, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

Somehow take the babies and buy a cage
so u can train them in a pit and run bird fights
run a bookies and make tons money holding
and placing bets
or
diy birdhouse making and bird seed

Mar 27, 07 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

we have a dove nesting on our office trellis.

Mar 27, 07 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
squaresquared
Yuck!
Mar 27, 07 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I am so scared of this pigeon which built a nest in the cavity above the fire extinguisher at the top of my stairs - right at eye level. Every other morning I startle her on m way to work and she flies inches above my head. On day I'll fall down those stairs.

I just went down to put laundry in the dryer. I wore a hoodie, hood on.

How long before she flies away?

Mar 30, 07 12:30 am  · 
 · 
garpike

my kybord is abut to stp workin.

Mar 30, 07 12:30 am  · 
 · 
mdler

garpike

get a rat trap. Put it in her nest when she isnt looking

Mar 30, 07 2:05 am  · 
 · 
garpike

She'd figure it out, break into my apartment, and peck my brain out. I hate her.

Mar 30, 07 2:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: