Archinect
anchor

what should I do? help me out please...

nothing-less

I applied for an internship position at a corporate firm about a week ago. The principal of the firm emailed me back and told me that he wanted to talk to me and asked me to give him a call. Then I called him.. he answered the phone but he said he just has done with a meeting..so he's gonna call me back. I waited for a few hours but never heard from him. So, shoul I call him again or just wait for him to call?..any of you guys had been in this situation be4? please give me advice. .thanks

Mar 26, 07 9:55 pm
n_

wait for another few days. if he doesn't call you back, call him. give him at least 2 days though.

Mar 26, 07 9:56 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Gebus, get over yourself. What are you 15?

Mar 26, 07 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
job job

email, then call - most likely he forgot, it's not personal.
it's better than sitting by the phone, right?

diabase steady as she goes, are you steady now

Mar 27, 07 12:11 am  · 
 · 
bucku

no stupid, he's at least 18...
i would wait a few days as well. i dont know if i would email and call. i have a friend who is applying to some firms right now and he hasnt heard back from one particular and he keeps bugging them. i think that he is over doing it. so whatever you do dont do too much. i think he forgot as well, the fact that you called let him know you were interested. now let him call you or wait and call him to let him know that you are not "too" interested ...

Mar 27, 07 12:19 am  · 
 · 
dia

Ok, maybe he/she is young, but still... anyone who needs that level of reassurance over such a little matter annoys me.

Mar 27, 07 12:26 am  · 
 · 
camilili

diabase, please, have some compassion.

Obviously, this internship opportunity is very important to him, and he is just making himself nervous.

We are all human....

Mar 27, 07 12:55 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

go hassle him at the office, honestly it's probably the only way to get a job.

Mar 27, 07 12:58 am  · 
 · 
nothing-less

thank you guys for giving me the advice..I really appreciate that..

Mar 27, 07 1:35 am  · 
 · 

diabase is mean - I like that in an architect

nothing less don't worry architects are self absorbed and I rarely ever remember to return calls - and sometimes need a nudge

Mar 27, 07 2:16 am  · 
 · 
mdler

be4??? wtf???

Mar 27, 07 3:29 am  · 
 · 
dia

architechnophilia: true compassion is ruthless

Mar 27, 07 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Some Architects are also more than a little scatterbrained. Likely forgot or lost your info. Happened to me and I really wanted to work there eventhough they were still cleaning coffee stains off the conference table when I arrived.

Mar 27, 07 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

i love ruthless.

Mar 27, 07 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
cln1

its just like getting a girls phone number - you always wait 3 days to call...

Mar 27, 07 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

cln1

3 days???

Thanks

Mar 27, 07 5:41 pm  · 
 · 

that would be a great tag line for the next archinect shirts

"true compassion is ruthlesss"

Mar 27, 07 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

call then hand up 3x then the 4th let it ring through

Mar 28, 07 11:58 am  · 
 · 
not without

eat a grapefruit in full moonlight, bury the seeds in a hobo's gaping mouth sore, take a bus to a well-lit gas station, steal a cherry lil' hug, dont drink it, carry it to the front door of the nearest vet, pour it on the front door handle, keep the bottle, then stare at the handle for 48 minutes attempting to make the key hole shift 2cm to the left, skip home avoiding all cracks, stop ten feet short, then call the office of the alleged partner, leave a message speaking with the open end of the lil' hug clinging to your tongue, prosper.

Mar 28, 07 5:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: