Archinect
anchor

timetable for 3dsmax 10

Urbanist

Anybody know the timetable for 3dsm10? I'm still running 6 and need to upgrade at some point, but I don't want to move to 9 if they're about to come out with 10.

Mar 25, 07 5:53 pm
Urbanist

it's to make the subscsription people happy I think.. or at least thinking they're getting their money's worth.

Mar 25, 07 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
wangsta

not sure when 10 is to be released, but i have heard of the Maya merge which could be promising.

i just upgraded to 9 a few weeks ago and must say that the improvements are great. Mental Ray lighting is simplified to a VRay type interface. There's also a predefined Arch and Design MR material pallette--they're not perfect, but offer a good start.

Mar 25, 07 7:36 pm  · 
 · 

i am using version 8, looking forward to try the new version 9, i say new because i dont see version 10 coming yet.
wangsta, is Mental ray simple and good enough to replace vray ??

Mar 26, 07 2:34 am  · 
 · 
Urbanist

more importantly for me, can the latest (or promised?) version of Mental Ray now do a reliable and credible hidden line render?

Mar 26, 07 4:25 am  · 
 · 
med.

I still use max 7 when they were discreet.

But for rendering I use finalRender and Vray.

Mar 26, 07 7:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: