Archinect
anchor

Cargo container housing in Southern California

EJames

For the longest time, I thought that the cargo container architects of the world were out of their minds. I've read about the Maynard and Lotek cargo container proposals for housing, but there is an Architect out in California who is not proposing these structure, he is building them. I just saw a CNN report with correspondent Casey Wian and they were at the construction site with all these containers stacked up to create housing. This is my first post and I'm trying to find out who the Architect is. This project made a believer out of me, it really looked great on the tube. Does anyone have more info? From what I saw on CNN, it was in southern California, the project had many containers and it may have been on the beach. I'll keep searching buy any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EJ

Mar 24, 07 11:28 pm
strlt_typ

shigeru ban's nomadic musem in santa monica, california

Mar 24, 07 11:42 pm  · 
 · 
kylemiller
EJames

Genius! That was quick! 43N88W is right on. The project is by DeMaria Design Associates and I'll do a whole bunch of research on my own. Any other info I can get on this firm that I won't find on the internet would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Mar 25, 07 12:06 am  · 
 · 
jwnam

before starting my m.arch I at sci-arc i took a few classes in architecture at pasadena city college - peter demaria was my drawing instructor. probably one of the coolest teachers i've ever had - chill, personable, unpretentious - easily everyone's favorite instructor in the arch program. i am pretty sure he is still listed as a faculty member.

Mar 25, 07 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

Did they mention how much that project is over budget?

Mar 25, 07 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
EJames

No, what was the budget and how much is it over. Also, is the project completed?

Mar 25, 07 10:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: