Archinect
anchor

Details for Zumthor's Kunsthaus Bregenz?

alliecat

Does anybody know where I can find larger versions of the images found at this http://www.kunsthaus-bregenz.at/ehtml/k_arch2.htm website? Specifically, I would like to find high-resolution details of the shingle support system. These are likely in one of his books, but they are a bit out of my price range right now and the libraries around me either don't carry his books or they are checked out. Thanks for your help!

Mar 24, 07 8:34 pm
mdler

they arent checked out...they have been stolen and are being sold on ebay

Mar 24, 07 9:50 pm  · 
 · 
njp

i remember detail magazine featured this project several years ago. you should be able to find what you're looking for there.

Mar 25, 07 12:40 am  · 
 · 
db

there is a volume in the Kunshaus Bregenz series featuring the Zumthor building. isbn 3-7757-0720-4

Mar 25, 07 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
pist intern

ditto on the detail magazine.
they keep an archive online, so if a library around you carries detail the website makes it easy to look up. also they keep some of the details in pdf form on the website, which can be really nice.

Mar 26, 07 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
this_guy

how soon do you need them? i have a book i could scan that has several good details, but i have a wicked busy week. i could do scan them this week end if you REALLY needed them. let me know.

Mar 26, 07 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
alliecat

snowboarstar2, i actually need them by tomorrow (tuesday March 26), i appreciate the offer, but please don't kill yourself to scan the images... but, what is the name of the book you have?

Mar 26, 07 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
alliecat

oh and i am pursuing the detail article, but i don't understand danish, but it doesn't seem that they have a pdf of that particular article online... thanks though... i'm also looking into buying that Bregenz book locally, thanks for all the help!

Mar 26, 07 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
tcbearth

Hi Alliecat!

Did you ever get those detail images you were looking for? I'm currently working on a project which requires extensive section and plan documents. If you had any luck please let me know.

cheers,

Feb 4, 13 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

the Zumthor books ahven't been of any help in terms of construction details... There was a new book on construction technology that my prof let me glance over two years ago.. It has some nice details and zoomed in axonometric details of its construction.. can't seem to remember which book it is :/

Feb 5, 13 1:53 am  · 
 · 
IamGray

Did you try emailing the Kunsthaus direct? It's certainly worth a try.

Also, by no means a detailed construction drawing but perhaps nevertheless useful is "The Function of Ornament" by Moussavi and Kubo. There are several nice perspective sections featured.

Feb 5, 13 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
Jadzia

This guy provides some of the images which can also be found on the Kunsthaus website but in a slightly larger scale incl. the usual few section details.

http://www.mck-architektur.de/pdf/Zumthor_Dokumentation.pdf

Feb 5, 13 4:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: