Archinect
anchor

adulterous employee ...

nosduh

What to do when you find out a male staff went off with a female client for the weekend while her husband was away on business?

Mar 24, 07 8:22 am
the0utfit

make sure all parties involved use protection

Mar 24, 07 8:42 am  · 
 · 

i would think that you could talk to your employee and communicate to him that you're not interested in his personal life but that he needs to refrain from extracurricular activities which have the potential to adversely affect your professional relationship with a client. let him know that if you hear more about similar activities, he's out.

Mar 24, 07 9:27 am  · 
 · 
I love archinect

ignore it? just get on with designing good buildings. dont get personal with architecture.

Mar 24, 07 9:31 am  · 
 · 
snooker

You could ask him if he has a "Frank Complex".

Mar 24, 07 9:32 am  · 
 · 
I love archinect

why do you care? is it because the "client" is pamela anderson or something?

Mar 24, 07 9:33 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Please first clarify: is the "employee" your employee, or a fellow co-worker?

if the former, do what Steven said. If the latter, it's none of your business.

Mar 24, 07 10:36 am  · 
 · 
snooker

nos.....did you go undercover to discover this weekend excursion of your female client assuming she is also involved with the project.

Mar 24, 07 10:39 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

in fact how many of the "male staff" went out with the female client?

Mar 24, 07 11:20 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

aside from that, who the fuck made you the morality cop? who is the adulterer in this situation? and you know what? just fuck you on principle.

Mar 24, 07 11:23 am  · 
 · 
nambypambics

I would address the issue as the fact that you found out, not the fact that it happened. How did his personal life become common office knowledge? Unless the client pranced in bragging about it, he needs to learn to be more discreet. (Not that I have any patience for adultery/dishonesty, but in this case it's no one's business but theirs.)

Also, for all you know, the client and her husband are swingers or have an open relationship. You just never know.

Mar 24, 07 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Who knows maybe your clients are not even married.....ever think of that?

Mar 24, 07 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

make sure said client pays for the extra personal client attention. Architect pimps.

Mar 24, 07 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I want to know is the client a BABE?

Mar 24, 07 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

Didn't the New York Times do a story about this in the weekend section a few months ago? It was about the sex appeal of contractors, architects, tradesmen, etc. and the clients' wives who love them.
I dont' think there's much you can do. If you're his employer tell him to be more discreet and that you'll fire him if his activities jeopardize the project. If you're not his employer MYOB.

Mar 24, 07 6:12 pm  · 
 · 

write a "tell-all" book about it and sell it in the supermarkets

Mar 24, 07 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

ARE YOU IN UTAH?

Mar 24, 07 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
Alackrity

blackmail his ass

Mar 24, 07 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
waxwings

unless he too is married,
all you have is a cuckolding employee

Mar 24, 07 10:01 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

see if you can get in on it and if a few more women want to get involved

for all you know they are all polygamous except you

imagine what you miss ;p

Mar 25, 07 3:44 am  · 
 · 

I just want to know, would the situation be any different if it was a female staff member with a mail client? Or male with male, or female with female? I only ask because you made a point of mentioning the genders involved.

Mar 25, 07 3:47 am  · 
 · 

if my answer was appropriate, it shouldn't matter. could still really screw up (ha!) a professional relationship.

Mar 25, 07 8:00 am  · 
 · 
matteo

What makes you think that they did something sexually?
Did you follow them?
Maybe he brought her in some place to show her some interesting project she and her husband might be interested in.

Anyhow, I'm pretty sure you wished to be the one who spent the weekend with her with her husband out of town.

Mar 25, 07 11:54 am  · 
 · 
snooker

If he doesn't respond to the "Frank Complex" Then ask him if he has a "Louis Complex." Maybe he is aspiring to run with the Masters!

Mar 25, 07 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
morgan2sims

is your architectural staff named frank?

Mar 26, 07 5:19 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

ethical? coooooooooome on! we have one ambiguous comment that could have been interpreted many ways; the client could have been shopping for something out of town and wanted an expert opinion on that item...we don't know anything.

Mar 26, 07 8:15 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

nosduh, can you come back and give us all more info please?

Mar 26, 07 9:44 am  · 
 · 
Philarct

nosduh, are u sure that they did the do?

Mar 26, 07 9:55 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Can you post some pictures?

Mar 26, 07 10:11 am  · 
 · 
snooker

nos-duh nothing!

Mar 26, 07 6:58 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

maybe he took my ideas and ran with them

Mar 26, 07 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
nosduh

Thanks all. He is my employee, I am his boss and this is not the first time I have spoken to him about his behavior, so I canned him. Maybe you guys need some help in your office? He's looking for work and new clients.

Mar 27, 07 4:39 am  · 
 · 
hobbitte

Love knows no boundaries!!!

Mar 27, 07 6:34 am  · 
 · 
snooker

Nodush...So he was pulling a Frank Lloyd Wright....or was that a Louis Sullivan....?

Mar 27, 07 7:15 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell
...he's looking for ...new clients.

Hahahahah! Harsh, but sounds like you did what needed to be done.

Mar 27, 07 8:20 am  · 
 · 
archiphreak

Stourley, calm down, man! you must have been the one "buggering" the client and now you're out of a job. Nosduh asked a direct question about a specific topic. we don't need any additional information because he already told us that his employee was sleeping with a client. everyone else gave sound (and funny) advice as to how he might go about rectifying the situation. you on the other hand have taken, from what i can see, an unfounded and blatantly hostile attitude towards this post. so, step away from the computer, bend over real low, and have a friend pull that huge stick out of your ass.

Nosduh, good move. i would have done the same thing. no matter the situation it should never be tolerated to have a sexual relationship of any kind with a client, married or otherwise. moral implications aside, it's simply not good practice.

Mar 27, 07 11:57 am  · 
 · 

archiphreak- I think the ambiguity was in the relationship of the poster to the adulterous employee. I agree that nosduh did the right thing since it turned out he's the boss. If he wasn't the boss? Very different situation.

Mar 27, 07 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

archiphreak, i take reading comprehension is not one of your strong suits. this is the topic as posted;

adulterous employee...

What to do when you find out a male staff went off with a female client for the weekend while her husband was away on business?

where in the question is it stated that 1. there is anything adulterous going on aside from someones jumping to conclusions? 2. typically, and i don't read the bible much, but the adulterer here is not the employee, but the client - given the assumptions being made

Adj. 1. adulterous - characterized by adultery; "an adulterous relationship"; "extramarital affairs"; "the extracurricular activities of a philandering husband"
extramarital, extracurricular
illicit - contrary to accepted morality (especially sexual morality) or convention; "an illicit association with his secretary"
2. adulterous - not faithful to a spouse or lover; "adulterous husbands and wives"; "a two-timing boyfriend"
cheating, two-timing
unfaithful - having sexual relations with someone other than your husband or wife, or your boyfriend or girlfriend; "her husband was unfaithful"

and lastly, other than possible embarrassing the client and maybe the firm, there is no reason why anyone should give two rats ass what two consenting adults do outside the office confines.

so how about you do this, pick up some reading comprehension and get back to me when you have more to say other than for me to take the stick out of my ass, because clearly i am the only one acting like th adult here. unless architects have recently adopted some code of conduct legislating morality, this issue until clarified by nosduh - and i mean some real evidence and not supposition - is lame at best.

Mar 27, 07 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
kill69

Give him a raise!

Mar 27, 07 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
coedname-X

Underlying motive is, nosbus want to fuck that client himself. He has been waxing his dick for that 'husband gone away weekend' but found that his pm had already put his soldiers in the tunnel.
Too bad nosbuh you snooze you lose, this is a fast track job pal.

Will that ethics dealing secret pervert nosbut also 'can' the client? That, would be more telling about his softening and hardening ways than anything else.
Will the real nosby stand up and say "yes i want to fuck too", or, will he say "i love what the good book say but i can't get an erection??"

Mar 27, 07 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
coedname-X

archiphreak = freak stick

Mar 27, 07 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
e

"other than possible embarrassing the client and maybe the firm"

given that it's nosduh's firm and that s/he has had previous discussion with said employee, isn't that reason enough to fire him?

Mar 27, 07 2:22 pm  · 
 · 

I don't think it's just embarassment, either. What would you do if you were the husband and found out that your architect's pm was diddling your wife while you were out of town? I would fire their asses if it were me. So I think it's perfectly reasonable to fire someone based on the fact that they are putting a project in serious jeopardy.

Mar 27, 07 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
archiphreak

Stourley, get one of these. Going through your post and checking your spelling before posting it for posterity on the world wide web would be a good thing. You get on my ass for "reading comprehension" and you can't even formulate a proper sentence. Asshole.

Efrem, that is "Mr. Phreak Stick" to you. *kisses* And, I loved your comments. I'm sure there is quite a lot of truth in it, but it's still a good practice not to fuck your clients (unless you can get away with it, which this douche bag obviously did not)

Mar 27, 07 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

how's this for you; BLOW ME!

Mar 27, 07 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I wish my clients were young, hot, and female

Mar 28, 07 2:37 am  · 
 · 
snooker

I confess, all I have are young, hot female clients....least they were all young and hot once upon a time. I'm sure they would tell you that mdler.

Mar 28, 07 8:02 am  · 
 · 
archiphreak

WOW! Stourley thinks we're still in the fifth grade. I'm wounded to the core. I shant go on any longer! *insert horrible British accent here*

Mar 28, 07 9:49 am  · 
 · 
rrp147

why have cable when you can read this!
love it!

keep up the good work everyone!

Mar 28, 07 10:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: