Archinect
anchor

vincent james

darthlook

Can anyone provide some info on working at Vincent James office in Minneapolis. ei. office environment, mentorship, level of difficulty getting a job there etc.

Comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Mar 23, 07 9:26 pm
treekiller

it's very cold there.

and why would we want to answer your question?

Mar 23, 07 9:35 pm  · 
 · 
darthlook

Well I assume that if you are a member of this website community based on exchanging information and ideas then maybe you would be interested in answering a question.

No shit it's cold there.

Mar 23, 07 9:43 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

darth - you asked a question without providing any personal info as to what you are seeking. give us something more to chew on - that's how this community works.

Or keep up the heavy breathing and we'll just post references about anakin ;)

Mar 24, 07 10:17 am  · 
 · 
snooker

I am always suspect of two first names. James Vincent

Mar 24, 07 10:36 am  · 
 · 
brookmeier

The work speaks for itself, they're obviously a very disciplined office. It's hard to get in the door, as with most firms run by those in academia, they tend to pick from their student base. In this case that's Harvard and U of Minnesota. There are excpetions to this, of course, but it's a harder path for an "outsider." Definitely worth trying for though.

Mar 24, 07 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
cynic

i have a theory that as a designer, having two first (or two last) names as your full name grants you instant coolness and will give you an instant jump in the field. likewise, having a banal name will work in the opposite direction.

you don't hear of any famous jim browns or bob smiths

unfortunately i think i'm screwed myself, as i am cursed with this theory (thanks, mom and dad)....

Mar 25, 07 1:04 am  · 
 · 
mdler

if you do good work, you can wok for the good guys (and gals)

Mar 25, 07 3:49 am  · 
 · 
mdler

all the good ones like chineese food

Mar 25, 07 3:50 am  · 
 · 

cynic, i think the name's primary effect is on your own attitude. i've never believed i have a particularly designerly name, unfortunately. i wish i thought you were wrong.

Mar 25, 07 7:59 am  · 
 · 
j-turn

If you google vincent james some crazy shit come up. Scott Baio's middle names are VINCENT JAMES! and have you seen the list of his ex-girlfriends. Well done Chachy, very well done. He really was in charge.

Mar 25, 07 4:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: