Archinect
anchor

Two houses: An Inconvenient Truth

vado retro

one of the local general contractors is doin a job at indiana wesleyan college. he was irked cuz every time they install a sidewalk someone writes "Jesus" in the wet concrete.

Mar 23, 07 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

But that just makes it easier to follow His path!

Mar 23, 07 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
n_

i write "graffiti here" on wet concrete.

Mar 23, 07 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller
5. whereas i and many like me believe that it is like unto a moral fault to waste anything: fuel, money, time, anything. driving a suburban 40 miles to a mcmansion in the exurbs so that you can water your st augustine until the aquifer dries up is, in some theological viewpoints, a sin: you're defiling god's creation. doesn't matter what the end effect is, it's the action itself that is wrong.

Why do the evangelical powers that be, freak out over 'creation care'???

We never had any protests or polical freakouts on this scale when the hole in the ozone layer was discovered. So, some companies got rich and some went out of business when their CFCs were banned. But we did it (except china and india- but they will stop soon). So why can't we ban the emissions of CO2 and other Greenhouse gasses as part of a live lightly realization that we don't have infinite resourse to squander as exxon would have us believe.

Whether you believe that it is a sin to pollute or are a treehugger, this is one of the few issues today that both the 'liberal' and 'right-wing' believe in. Let's just all get along and stop destroying the earth. It's the only one we have.

Mar 23, 07 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

there is the opposing theological viewpoint that we were given DOMINION over god's creation, not stewardship, but...

the problem is that there is 35-50% of all americans who will do the opposite of whatever al gore et al says. i'd love -- really -- to see pat robertson or joel osteen or whomever get on tv and say that the world needs to be better taken care of.

that will do more than al gore ever could...sorry.

Mar 23, 07 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

one step closer to judgement day...

Mar 23, 07 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I wish Jim Baker....the "X" minister would step up on this one and give his view.

Mar 23, 07 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

so its about rich people who feel guility about being rich vs. rich people who don't? Despite how much I DON'T like W. I have always had one reason i liked him: that ranch and his cowboy-wanna-be lifestyle. I think the reason he has a "sustainable" home is only natural because it is a ranch house. I would suspect that to Bush environmental responsibility is a personal thing, that one can make a choice between being environmentally responsible and being environmentally irresponsible. This makes sense when you look at his rather libertarian approach to economic policy of letting the capitalists run free. Unfortunately he has done more to limit civil rights at the expense of letting those capitalists run free and a foolish "war on terror" that cannot be won than any other president since Lincoln suspended Habius Corpus during the Civil War. I have very strong feeling that this whole war in Iraq was concocted just so Boeing and Lockheed Martin and Halliburton and GE and all the other members of the Military-Industrial complex could profit from it.

Mar 23, 07 9:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: