Archinect
anchor

living in blacksburg, va?

kabean

i am weighing my options for march programs and just got into va tech's 3 yr program. i've liked everything i've heard/read about the program, but still have reservations about moving from city life to blacksburg? anyone currently there have opinions about the area and whether it should be heavily weighted in making a final decision? any info about one's experience w/ va tech would be MUCH appreciated!!

Mar 18, 07 7:06 pm
Mark_M

I'm guessing you got into the Blacksburg campus and not the graduate campus in Alexandria, Virginia. Are you from a big city? Do you like the wilderness? I dont attend Va tech but I have been there for football games. The only thing in Blacksburg is Virginia Tech! However that school is huge boasting a very big architecture building. One of their floors is our whole architecture building.

Mar 18, 07 8:10 pm  · 
 · 
kabean

I got into the M Arch.3 program, which I believe means I would not be able to take classes in Alexandria until the 3rd year. Which is a shame b/c I currently live 15 min away from that campus...

Mar 18, 07 8:24 pm  · 
 · 
lucia01

Blacksburg is pretty boring - had many friends that went to Virginia Tech, and grew up near there - but the area is beautiful, you should visit before you rule it out. And, realistically - do you think you'll be outside of the architecture building very often?

Mar 18, 07 9:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: