Archinect
anchor

concrete expression

bornagain

Can anyone think of a building where the exposed concrete walls were made using a layering of pours which used different aggregate sizes, starting with large at the bottom and ending in a fine concrete at the top- creating a 'strata' effect?

I can see this building in my head- I just need a name for it so I can chase it up. I think Im thinking of a church somewhere. Any help much appreciated. ITs driving me nuts.

Mar 17, 07 11:01 am
archMONSTER

When I read your post the first thing that popped in my mind was Palazzo Medici in Firenze.

Mar 17, 07 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Yes it is a good idea to change dimentions better even, if the program can do it for you. So you can focus modeling and, case you leave a wall that is to thick, then the framework simply by automatic will be changed to offer fewer but enough for the weight, building frames and honeycomb structure forming the exact detail Decor you or the program decide.
Framework in different scale interweaving and spotwise uncover , build in furniture ,a total renewal at cubid cost, over time changes in materials and style, all by a flexible method offering hands on and real-time design features.

Mar 17, 07 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

The Anasasi Indians used this method for the construction of Pubelo Bonetio. Except they used stone.

Mar 17, 07 4:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: