Archinect
anchor

House of Leaves

stephanie

has anyone else read this?
i am reading it right now.
and i really like it so far.

Aug 10, 04 6:26 pm

Good book... Very messed up. If you can keep the three different stories straight in your head then you'll enjoy it. Remember to only read it at night, alone and in an old house.

Aug 10, 04 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
caste

if you are still reading you might want to stop about fifty pages from the end, itll go downhill.

Aug 10, 04 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
the righteous fist

alternatively, go to an old house at night alone.

it's ok, although i did get a little caught up in the opportunity to buy three different versions of it, oh to care about coloured words again...

Aug 10, 04 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
deliver

you w i l l g o m ad

Oct 8, 07 8:41 am  · 
 · 
deliver

its actually an amazing read. How space is used to hold the story is incredible. Its certainly not easy to read - all that postmodernism...

Oct 8, 07 8:43 am  · 
 · 

caste's comment is funny. most of the book pissed me off and seemed unreasonably gimmicky. but i'm a stubborn reader. by the end (and because of the way it all resolved) i bought in and thought it had been worthwhile.

i read it when we started construction on our little <2000sf house, moved from home to a 12,000sf rambling ranch in which we kept getting lost. reported here, along with my responses to the book.

Oct 9, 07 12:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: