Archinect
anchor

How do you approach design?

nelsonrio

How do you approach design? Everyone has their own way to do it... how about you?

Mar 15, 07 10:07 pm
garpike

A couple days later than planned.

Mar 15, 07 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
nelsonrio

I think that happens to all of us...

Mar 15, 07 10:15 pm  · 
 · 

garpike you have me gutted great response.

Mar 15, 07 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
punky_brewster

i always approach design with a long stick. poke it a couple of times, see how it reacts, then cautiously siddle up to it.

Mar 15, 07 10:20 pm  · 
 · 

depends....

sometimes site, othertimes is the programme that drives, a few times its been a detail; usually water or tactile, this often leads to a sketch or a parti diagram that communicates these intentions and allows it to bridge idea to architecture.

Mar 15, 07 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
nelsonrio

What aspect of architecture you are interested in?, or How do you develop your own design work? Are you able to explain different aspects of your design approach, or your design in relation to issues such as sustainability, design history, design methodology, and so on?

Mar 15, 07 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

the same i approach all my conquests: from the rear.

Mar 15, 07 10:37 pm  · 
 · 

guffaw...

I nominate Dennis Hopper to play Vado in the archinect movie

Mar 15, 07 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
AP

dammit punky, you beat me to it!

Mar 15, 07 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
binary

techno/electro/house/hip hop music..... and some dancing of coarse

Mar 16, 07 12:59 am  · 
 · 
FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF BEEF

heavily medicated

Mar 16, 07 1:01 am  · 
 · 
prodig85

5 step analysis method, and hip-hop- rock and zero 7 in da background ala' solo studio session + good architecture

Mar 16, 07 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
prodig85

my fault = good architecture

Mar 16, 07 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

make sure you're downwind and heavily camoflaged. move slowly and don't make any sudden movements until within reach - then grab hold and shake vigorously!

Mar 16, 07 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

I have no method but try engage the problem by saying it is easy.
Then I forget about it. This work.

Mar 16, 07 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
futureboy

wow, a vindpust post with no mention of 3D-H....
i'm impressed.

i'm thinking treekiller's gotta pretty good approach. i think that's especially relevant when working through someone else's design process.

Mar 16, 07 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

I usually walk up to design all casual and say "How you doin?" Then design usually shrugs me off. I come back a few minutes later with a drink and say "Design, do you wash your pants in Windex, cause I can see myself in them." Then design usually tells me to get lost. At which point I play it off like I was kidding, and I have a hard time breaking the ice. I hand design the drink and ask if I can sit. If design still says no, I just lurke in the corner and watch design from across the room until the rufies kick in... that's when I make my move.

Mar 16, 07 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
Gabe Bergeron

Design is nothing to be ashamed of. Just do it in private, and wash your hands afterwards.

Mar 16, 07 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Any right solution is easy , so best thing is to simplify even better turn the whole thing upside down ,go in detail and forget the impac , then ask what is it to be used for is it realy efficient to make it from 35467 different things if just one can do the same, you question it but make sure you can answer your own calls. ---- then suddenly you get the inspiration for the thing you couldn't solve two month ago.

Mar 16, 07 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
nelsonrio

I always want to do a lot of research, then analyze that and get abstract ideas from it. Then start to do the design... but almost never had the chance to do it... some day...

Mar 16, 07 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

i like to change medium for fresh ideas, express what i want in words if it's not coming in drawings for instance.

or CAD and work on logistics during the day, then come home at night and redraw everything from memory, so I get a different take on solving any problems/seeing things in a new light.

Mar 16, 07 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
heterarch

i approach design differently every time. i open my heart and let the project speak to me with warm whispers and sensual suggestions.

Mar 16, 07 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

^...sounds familiar.

Mar 16, 07 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

geez

Mar 16, 07 9:09 pm  · 
 · 

loooooool Gabe Bergeron, watta Quote !

Mar 17, 07 3:24 am  · 
 · 
standaman

Anything but "material studies." yuck.....

Mar 17, 07 3:51 am  · 
 · 
nelsonrio

What do you refer with "material studies"?

Mar 18, 07 3:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: