Archinect
anchor

General job application

Tasneemz

Hello,

I am applying to architecture firms but some of them don't have job openings. I would like to apply for future reference as a junior architect. Can I do that, or do firms usually prefer that you apply for a specific position? Is it recommended that I call first to ask if their website doesn't show job openings?

Thank you!

Jul 23, 12 12:36 am

I can tell from experience that websites do not always show current job openings, especially if it's a small company, since they are usually busy and do not have the time to update their website regularly. I usually receive applications without advertising job openings and to be honest I feel flattered because it shows that young talents are interested in working for me. When we have a job opening we always browse through the pile of applications we received in the past, so to answer your question: Yes, you can still apply even thought there is no job opening on their website. If there is a specific position make sure you tailor your application to it. You never know when they are going to call you. Good Luck.

Holland And Green Architectural Services

Jul 23, 12 12:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: