Archinect
anchor

gear you prefer

shogo664

I currently use a new head phone set for my iPod made by Bose. They are an ear bud style and fit into the ear. I have to say for someone who works out, they just don't stay in and are a constant problem. I have tried and am using the largest bud attachments. If it wasn't for their awesome sound I would go with a different head phone system.

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=nfb_triport_ie

Anyone in Archinect-land have any gear they prefer?

Mar 12, 07 9:04 pm
n_

i prefer headgear:

Mar 12, 07 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Sennheiser

Mar 12, 07 10:52 pm  · 
 · 

nope, but I've got a part 2 to that question: anybody know of good earphones that work for people whose ears are full of metal? Right now I only wear one earbud (tuck the other in the strap of my sports bra), because the other ear has an interfering piercing. Any suggestions? And no, it's not one that I can take out and put back in a lot.

Mar 12, 07 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
binary

you need the big studio head headphones that cover the entire ear.....

the little ear buds are worthless if you really plan in wanting to listen to music......

b

Mar 13, 07 12:22 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

Sennheiser HD280 Pro...I love mine. Pricey, but once you have them on your ears you understand why.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=004974

I also like my Sony MDR V700's

Mar 13, 07 1:09 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

As long as we're bragging on headphones....

HD 595's all day long.

Mar 13, 07 1:12 am  · 
 · 
Katze

I'm all about the pilot headsets…David Clark is the best

Mar 13, 07 1:19 am  · 
 · 
flyoverstate

Folks, folks, Grado SR60s for the very-reasonably-priced win!

Mar 13, 07 8:46 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

But I can't wear a pair of Grados for more than an hour without feeling like my head is going to explode.

Mar 13, 07 9:00 am  · 
 · 
shogo664

Thanks for the input....However, I really don't want go running or workout in a gym with gigantic head phone set...so perhaps you guys missed the point- WORK OUT HEADPHONES. I am a big Sennhiesser fan, great products, and currenlty have a couple sets of the Sony MDR V300, which for the money are awesome. Plus I can use them when our band records, because they cancel sound.

....that said I am looking for non-over the head options for activity- running, training, cycling, etc.

Thanks.

Mar 13, 07 10:32 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Easy. With the piercing(s) in your ear, you can forget about earbuds. I'm allergic to the rubber most of them are made from anyway.

And forget about those huge headphones. Great for at home or on the bus, but not for running around.

What you need to do is to get a set of big headphones, remove the speakers, and wire them into your gym gear. That way you don't have to worry about which ones to wear, you'll never lose them, AND, the best part is that you'll always have a theme song. I can see it now - you on the treadmill listening to EYE OF THE TIGER.

(Seriously, I had a red vinyl puffy vest that had speakers. I wish I still had it.)

Mar 13, 07 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

huummmm i never associated the two.

Mar 13, 07 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
shogo664

SLANTIX...you nailed it.

(seriously)You are brilliant. I am sorry you are allergic to rubber.

But, your wisdom, creativity and input is greatly appreciated. I love it. You are the best. Not sure if you work, or you are a student, but either way, you are really at the top of your game. Unreal. I never ever thought by presenting a problem I would get such thoughtful idea and solution. It is this kind of blog dialogue that really makes want do so much more. Thanks so much, really, you have set me at ease. RIGHT ON!

(seriously) I hope you share with others your wisdom and insight, I know ALL could really benefit (seriously).

(seriously)

Mar 15, 07 2:11 pm  · 
 · 

slantsix- wire them to your gym gear? What gym gear? The stuff I'm required by Bally's rules to stow in my locker? Or the clothes I wear which are nowhere near my ears? I'm confused by this idea. Please explain more fully.

Mar 15, 07 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i prefer overdrive. god i hate wearing headphones and if you work in an office you'll learn a hell of a lot more with out them fyi...

Mar 15, 07 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
shogo664

I just need a REALISTIC alternative to the Bose earbuds phones I currently have, for the gym and running. Frankly I really don't give a sh*t about any 'wired' puffy vest or head gear.

I was expecting this blog to give me some alternate small, good sounding, workout headphone ideas. Not so far. We have a lot of smart asses....which I personally am a fan of, but not much credible debate WRT small work out type headphones.

Oh well, next time...perhaps.

Mar 15, 07 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
geimanj

What about Shures? Also, Wired has an article in the latest issue comparing small in-ear monitors. But why would you come to archinect to ask a question about headphones? An audio forum might be a better place. It's tough to avoid the wisenheimer (sp?) factor around here.

Mar 15, 07 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

for work-out gear...not sure about your budget, but i recently bought a pair of shure e3c plugs. they're fantastic...same kind of thing i used to use for in-ear monitoring onstage back in my band days.

their ambient sound rejection is superb, thus giving you better low-end response. using over-the-ear insertion, they never pop out and the wires stay out of the way. they're pricy ($180), but shure also has a $99 pair, i believe the e2c model. excellent brand with an excellent reputation.

for standard listening headphones, i recommend a recording industry standard...the sony mdr7506 ($99). every recording studio i ever worked in had at least 5 pairs floating around and we used them almost exclusively. they don't have a sonic character, so you get a very transparent response...hearing the music exactly as it was recorded.

Mar 15, 07 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
shogo664

now that's the kind of feed back I expect from an architect blog site- thoughtful, critical and insightful. Thanks broccolijet.

Mar 16, 07 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

"Anyone in Archinect-land have any gear they prefer?"

That's a pretty broad question you posed so stop whinging about the quality of the responses. Be gratefull you haven't been flamed for buying Bose in the first place.

Headphone.com has the best reviews of what's on offer. Shut up and go buy a pair.

Mar 16, 07 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I was being half-serious. Sorry I wasted 15 seconds of your precious life.

Besides, I did indeed have such an item of clothing, and it was amazing. I was just sharing something that I thought was humourous and semi-topical.

You know, you get what you pay for, whether it's architecture or online advice. Meh.

Mar 17, 07 2:02 am  · 
 · 
archMONSTER
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106455

I bought these from my computer but work amazing on the pod. They are cheap but read the reviews if you dont have my word.

Mar 17, 07 5:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: