Archinect
anchor

Should I give sketch up file to client?

La A

A contractor hired me to do some sketch up modeling + renderings. He knows a little bit of SU but he said he's very slow at modeling and doesn't know anything about rendering. The models were begun by him. I finished modeling them and adding material as well as rendering them with lighting.

I sent him the. jpgs of the final product but he is asking me to send him the original SU file.

Should I give it to him?

Jul 18, 12 7:26 pm
zonker

I did that once - never again - they added their changes "here just trace this for me will ya" 

Jul 18, 12 7:45 pm  · 
 · 
rationalist

depends on your contract. Did the language say that you were building him a sketchup model? Or did it say you were designing a building and rendering 3d views? If the contract was for you to build a sketchup model, then you owe him a sketchup model, but if the contract was about design, then you can charge an extra fee to release them.

Jul 18, 12 8:09 pm  · 
 · 
i r giv up

yeah. you should have specified that in the contract.

if it wasn't in there, additional services yo.

Jul 18, 12 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I would suspect he doesn't know s-from shinola...in sketchup and he will have a cluster_F

so send him  the files.  Just be damn sure the his check has cleared the bank first.  Then be sure you have readable files just incase he comes a knocking at your door wondering why  the file you sent to him where garbage.  Better to be safe than sorry.

Jul 18, 12 9:03 pm  · 
 · 
La A

Thanks all for your input!

Jul 19, 12 3:45 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: