Archinect
anchor

Good Site Offices

dia

Hi,

Has anyone seen any interesting site offices for use during and after construction? Rather than the typical portacom, fridge panel, container construction, something more thoughtful with a design edge.

Possibly could also be used as a showroom for marketing pusposes, an onsite drawing office etc, etc. I keep thinking of Morphosis' office in Santa Monica, but this needs to be temporary [up to 5 years on site],

Falls into the realm of prefab.

Cheers,

d

Mar 8, 07 7:16 pm
strlt_typ
omd
Mar 8, 07 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
this one specifically
Mar 8, 07 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
kyll

ok...

dammson,

let me ask you a question - and its an actual question, not ball bustin' : why do you think that the site office must be something with more of a "design edge"?

Mar 8, 07 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
dia

So you mean dammson? Or me?

The reason is that the site office will be more than a site office. It is a combined office for admin, construction team, drawing office, and on site sales. It is located on a greenfields site, between 2 separate building sites on a very busy road and consequently highly visible. So we cant just plop on a standard rickety portacom.

Cheers for the references,

d

Mar 8, 07 7:57 pm  · 
 · 
kyll

oh.

well cheerio..

Mar 8, 07 9:42 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller
Mar 8, 07 10:45 pm  · 
 · 

gulfstream sweet!

Mar 8, 07 10:55 pm  · 
 · 
some person

Here's an etiquette question for you: Is it rude to the GC to refer to the weekly site meetings / progress meetings / owner meetings / coordination meetings as "trailer meetings"? As time goes by, I feel less and less comfortable with using this term...

Mar 8, 07 11:00 pm  · 
 · 

my job site office:

you should see the 'filing' system in the trunk. hoo boy.

Mar 9, 07 7:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: