Archinect
anchor

Rendering Fees

Hasselhoff

I know there have been threads earlier about this, but mine is slightly different. I've got a friend of a friend that wants some renderings done of her boss's future guest house. They want to sample a variety of materials and see how that works. She should be able to get me CAD drawings, and the house looks fairly simple (one floor, not too big, not a lot of jibba-jabba all over). How much do I charge? I sent her some of my past work and she said they don't need anything that 'fancy' but rather more "Sims" like, just to try material combos with a sense of 3D. Nothing really photoreal. Like $25/hr? Then maybe $50 per output? I mean, they aren't looking for presentation graphics, so I'm sure they wouldn't be willing to pay something like $50/hr. But I also would like to make some money haha. Make a price reasonable enough that they bite, but no too low that I get screwed, but by charging hourly it accounts for changes. Thoughts?

Mar 7, 07 12:49 pm
w3

when i initially did something similar to this (about 2 years ago) i charged 20 an hour which is far too low. i would go at least 35 an hour. so off the top of my head (if the model will be pretty basic like you said) i'd probably charge between 250 and 300 for the initial model with say 2 material options, then 35 an hour for changes beyond that including more material options.

Mar 7, 07 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
w3

if you think they'd go for 500 or more you should go for it. my experience is that most people are happy with the basics - and aren't willing to pay for more. i'd also be careful with giving a cap to your fees unless you know exactly how things will play out. it's amazing how many "quick 30 min. changes" you'll get pounded with. i'd always leave room for time that gets slowly tacked on by clients who cant make up their minds.

Mar 7, 07 1:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: