Archinect
anchor

Retail Space.

plastic_soldier

Can people throw me a bone here? and by bone i mean as many websites, photos, firms, etc. that deal with quality interior retail space...as we all know the fun of being young and energetic is that it is completely possible to get yourself into a situation where you need to turn out a project type you've never experienced in a week.....

Mar 6, 07 1:34 pm
silverlake

ltl

has done some nice interiors

Mar 6, 07 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
thisisnotanexit

peter marino
giorgio borruso
palo underhill
ron arad
yabu pushelburg

the obvious ones:
viktor and rolf store (the upside-down one)
stella mccartney has some alright ones
all louis vuitton

that should be a pretty good roster to rip off/
just don't forget the mirrors

Mar 6, 07 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

ltl's portfolio shows no m classification projects.

Mar 6, 07 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

When I first started doing interiors, I found these types of books to be very helpful.

There are tons of different series out there, on retail, restaurant, etc.

Mar 6, 07 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

And of course don't forget Graphic Standards - invaluable for basic info like how much space to allow for hanging racks of clothing or between display aisles.

Mar 6, 07 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

well of course it had to have some fancy footwear in the pic!!!

Mar 6, 07 2:57 pm  · 
 · 

i was just reading about wonderwall in last month's metropolis...

the firm is led by masamichi katayama... according to the article he's the go-to guy for hot sh!t japanese retail spaces...

Mar 7, 07 8:41 am  · 
 · 
plastic_soldier

Thanks a lot everyone....I'll keep everyone posted on how this shop is coming along, opening is set to be august, so there is definately no time to waste....I have started looking into Dutch interior designers, i've found a lot of great, simple retail spaces....

Mar 7, 07 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
Blue202

The newest issue of Metropolis has the UNIQLO's NYC Store. Check recent back issues for the Alessi Flagship, Longchamp store (photo & brief blurb in this month's issue), & Jack Spade. Better yet, take a field trip down to SoHo and check them all out for yourself, including *gasp!* Rem's Prada store.

Mar 7, 07 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
Blue202

sorry bout the duplicate UNIQLO reference.

Mar 7, 07 2:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: