Archinect
anchor

competitions?

anyone know of a good resource for competitions?

looking for something to do over spring break (not interested in going back to my old job, designing hvac systems)

Mar 5, 07 12:26 am
binary

deathbyarch

Mar 5, 07 1:03 am  · 
 · 
gold spot

Deathbyarch hasnt been updated since 1857 A.D.......
Look up in Archinect's competition section instead....

Mar 5, 07 2:57 am  · 
 · 
aspect
http://www.thearchitectureroom.com/
Mar 5, 07 5:34 am  · 
 · 
Medit
http://www.europaconcorsi.com
Mar 5, 07 5:45 am  · 
 · 
antipod

Yeah DBA is rubbish.

I'm about to kick off on the Europan competition but I imgaine you are State-Side so the site visits might be a bit difficult!

Mar 5, 07 8:44 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

also, the u.s. isn't a participant in europan, so you'd have to team up with someone from europe.

Mar 5, 07 10:17 am  · 
 · 
binary

it's been a minute since i went to DBA.....i just remebered it from back in the day....

Mar 5, 07 11:08 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Theres a link from archinect to the architects room, riba, and some others. An interesting competition that is just starting is the Halifax Nova Scotia Multi-Media school in an old shipping pier.

acadia

Mar 5, 07 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
greenlander1

looks interesting but prizes prob pretty anemic. hoping for a carlsberg-sized competition to happen again. that was a good one.

Mar 5, 07 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

DBA's been dead for years, i'm assuming it was probably run by students that have since graduated...

anyway, this was posted less than 2 weeks ago

look under wettbewerb for the german sites. most of the comps are german, but there are french, english, and scandinavian ones as well (which are usually in english also)

the carlsberg was a freakshow. i can't remember the last time i saw one that large that wasn't invited.

this one in cleveland just opened...

Mar 6, 07 12:08 am  · 
 · 
Becker

Pushpullbar.com

it also has lots of other stuff too!

Mar 6, 07 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
greenlander1

yeh carlsberg was def a freakshow.
it was unbelievably thorough and well organized
not often you find a urban design comp that will get built
solid prize money also

Mar 6, 07 7:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: