Archinect
anchor

How much should I charge?

eac9812

Hi All,

I have been asked to price how much I would charge per hour to help out temporarily on a residential project.  The project is BIG single family home and I would be soley resposible to detail the garage (very romantic).  I have no idea what to charge for my services or how many hours I would take. I live in Portland, OR if that helps any.

Thanks

Jul 12, 12 8:01 pm
Rusty!

I'd ask for fixed fee, with clearly defined scope. Hourly kicks in for stuff not covered by base contract. 

Or, since this is PDX. barter your services for a fixie wheel and 20 growlers of their home made brew. And some of the green that grows in their basement.

Jul 12, 12 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
zonker

green that grows in their basement

Better make sure the electricity can handle the load - too many houses in the San Francisco's Sunset have been busted - PG+E rats them out - they see this big spike and bring in the cops - sometimes the circuits overload and cause a fire - the feds have confiscated property

Jul 12, 12 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

This is why PV behind the meter is so popular in Southern California.

Jul 13, 12 11:26 am  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

Are you being paid as an independent contractor? $35/hour would be about right for entry level drafting. Who cares how long it takes you as long as they pay...  Of course if you want to do more work for them then you might want to figure it out.

How do you do that? Well... how many drawings will you need to define the garage? floor plan, elevation, section, details? Then how long will it take you to develop each one x hourly rate plus 10% = money pot!

You're golden. Get a retainer.

Jul 13, 12 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

get paid=got milk

Jul 13, 12 9:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: