Archinect
anchor

macromedia studio mx

sanofiSYN

I've really gotten into web deisgn lately, and am in love with Flash. I've also been playing around with other Macromedia software, mostly Dreamweaver. I'm not too good with XML, PHP, ASP, and all that stuff that's used in a lot of content-driven sites, though I'd really like to learn. Anyway, I'd like to get fluent with Macromedia Studio MX so that I can understand how to integrate them all together, and was wondering if anyone had some advice on how to do so. I've been considering purchasing the Macromedia Studio MX 2004(Training from the source) book. It's an all-in-one book, so I'd be saving money, instead of buying individual books. Anyone recommed it? If so, why, or if not, why not and what are some alternative options?

On a sidenote, is there anyone out there that prefers Macromedia to Adobe for graphics programs? Just out of curiosity. I'm really a Photoshop & Illustrator person myself. Aside from webpage design, what aspects of graphic manipulation/design does Macromedia do better in?

Aug 8, 04 11:10 pm
crillywazzy

i've always despised illustrator. i've been a freehand user since 2.0

Aug 9, 04 3:06 am  · 
 · 
mbr

Freehand has a nice perspective tool and can easily create multiple pages, but I still prefer Illustrator. Both are great programs, though, and you could easily adjust to liking Freehand.

Aug 9, 04 9:53 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: