Archinect
anchor

must see architecture, paris and provence

going to be in paris for a few days and provence much longer next month ... any suggestions on what to see? mostly looking for modern/contemporary (most of the old stuff is in the travel books) . heres what i have so far:

paris:
-Institut du Monde Arabe
-Pompidu
-Maison de Verre
-Foundation Cartier
-Cité Universitaire

would prefer to keep near the heart of the city here. anything else around here you can suggest?

nimes:
- carree d'art
-nemausas (anyone seen this? easy to get to?)

also going to aix, arles, avignon, montpilier and possibly marseilles ...

much thanks!

Feb 28, 07 11:08 pm
Medusa

Getting into the Maison de Verre is not easy. Make sure you plan for that in advance. It's located in the central courtyard of a building, so you need someone to get you access.

I didn't know this when I showed up, so I just stalked around outside, ringing doorbells, hoping someone would let me in. No one did.

Mar 1, 07 8:37 am  · 
 · 
French

you should go check out quai branly too, and try to visit the palais de tokyo, it's not that far away...

Mar 1, 07 9:40 am  · 
 · 
207moak

Paris
Parc Citroen
La Villette
Villa La Roche

Montpellier is a great city - I spent 4 months there.

Mar 1, 07 9:58 am  · 
 · 
Medusa

It's worth taking the 1/2 hour train ride to Versailles. The gardens are amazing.

Mar 1, 07 10:17 am  · 
 · 
brand avenue

If you're looking for modern stuff, the Bibliotheque Nationale and its surroundings are mostly newish--the Hotel Industriel Berlier is nearby, if you like Perrault, and there's a Gehry building in the Parc de Bercy across the river. The park itself is interesting, too.

And you can ride the Meteor (line 14) from Chatelet to get there!

Mar 1, 07 11:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: