Archinect
anchor

Stock Sell off

spaghetti

So i guess the world can feel when china's economy coughs... kind of humbling...

Feb 27, 07 6:34 pm
drums please, Fab?

8 months of steady increase in the dow - 'twas time for a correction

Feb 27, 07 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
spaghetti

yep. an impetus/catalyst ... we dont live in our bubble anymore..

Feb 27, 07 8:24 pm  · 
 · 
binary

toyota is taking over the us....haha........ and the UAW is getting all upset...... fuckers..... time that those lazy union workers get off their asses........rant off

b

Feb 27, 07 8:58 pm  · 
 · 
binary

sorry for cursin....MY BAD

Feb 27, 07 8:58 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

oh YOU BAD !!

Feb 27, 07 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra
"An estimated $600 billion loss in market value on Tuesday erased all of 2007's gains."

NYT

Feb 28, 07 1:03 am  · 
 · 
Marlin

on a serious note, if you didn't lose your whole shirt, there's bargains all over the place. Pray the characters that are predicting a rebound tomorrow (today) are right.

Hey, consider Autodesk (ADSK) if you can raise your head up from that pile of CAD drawings.

Feb 28, 07 5:05 am  · 
 · 
aquapura

I think there's more room for downward pressure. Even after a 400 point drop many companies are overpriced given their P/E ratio. Once the market cools to a historical average in the range of 10-15 I'll feel much more comfortable. Stocks like GOOG with a P/E in the mid 40's and a market cap of 170B range scares me. They don't make money like that. For all their hype, they just aren't a profit machine like the established blue chips. Insider selling has been huge all around the market lately. People don't sell when they think the price is going higher. I'd say all markets need a correction in the 15-20% range.

Feb 28, 07 11:08 am  · 
 · 
n_

Oh the stock world.

It's scary that China's stock exchange market has such a global effect. Afterall, Chinese public businesses do not have to report accurate profit or losses. They are legally allowed to report false information. That's shady business.

Feb 28, 07 11:28 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

buy low, sell high

Feb 28, 07 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

The NYSE put something called a curve on the market yesterday to prevent further selloffs...I would thing that this artificial control of the value of the market could become very problematic

Feb 28, 07 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

screw wall street and these freakin speculators. didnt anybody learn anything when the dotcom boom went bust.

Feb 28, 07 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

what i learned - diversify

and that 'buy low, sell high' thing (who knew?)

Feb 28, 07 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

yeh, I'm buying some mutual funds today for sure.

Feb 28, 07 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
Gabe Bergeron

put yer money in a jar and bury it next to the third fence post to the left

Feb 28, 07 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
Queen of England

Chinese slang for the stock exchange is "the slot machine". The payouts have been good, oh so gooood.

Feb 28, 07 5:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: