Archinect
anchor

Holland '04

JohnProlly

So I finally [after 3 years] got a flickr account and uploaded all my pics from my trip to Holland to visit some friends.

Anyone can uses these pics for whatever they want, just give me credit. I also have super-duper high res shots if needed.

Once I get a 'premium' account, there will be about 400 more pictures.

There are a lot of detailed pics showing lovely dutch detailing [sorry, I couldn't find any such 'details' in OMA projects]

Enjoy...

Link's HERE

Feb 27, 07 10:08 am
JohnProlly

Also, some pics by TheNewOld

Feb 27, 07 10:14 am  · 
 · 
Chch

Some labels of what the photos are would be helpful. It's interesting and all, but some context/names would help.

Feb 27, 07 10:17 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

yeah, as I said, I just uploaded them... all 600 or so. Gimme some time to label them!

;)

Feb 27, 07 10:22 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Nice work. Gotta love the Dutch.

Feb 27, 07 10:28 am  · 
 · 
Chch

chop chop!

;)

Feb 27, 07 10:28 am  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

beautiful John, thank you

Feb 27, 07 10:44 am  · 
 · 
archasm

thanks
that was fabuliss.
which one are you?
blondie or poutie lips?

Feb 27, 07 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

perhaps my questions will be answered after you post the rest of your images, but that west eight bridge, did you get a chance to see that huge development around there or was it done yet? i was there this summer, amsterdam that is, and get to see nemo, a rem building around that area, and the steven holl office on the canal, etc. hope you got to see it all as well.

Feb 27, 07 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

aw shit... it's definitely time to go back...

Feb 27, 07 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

dittp Holz.....
I've not been there in 4 yrs.

Feb 27, 07 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Blondie. Those pics make me look like a dumb jock surfer dude...

the latter is still 50% true

Feb 27, 07 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

I've uploaded all 600+ images, just waiting on Payday to upgrade my account...

Some pics of the inside of OMA while the CCTV charette was in full swing. Pretty funny. Some of the images actually show the CCTV model being propped up with a piece of polystyrene.

Feb 27, 07 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

20 months. i can't imagine being away from europe for 4 years. i'd jump off a bridge.

Feb 27, 07 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

john did you go to that park with all of the miniatures of dutch architecture, i believe it's in Amsterdam?

Feb 27, 07 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Not that I recall. We didn't spend a lot of time in Amsterdam. It was really touristy that time of year.

Feb 27, 07 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
rootseven

john:
sweet pics man. did you spend some time in the Eastern Docklands? (Oostelijk Havengebied)sp?

i have a monster set i'll post soon if you guys want to check it out.

Feb 28, 07 11:49 am  · 
 · 
broccolijet

beta -- you're referring to madurodam right? it's over by the hague.

i LOVE that place...went there as a little kid and have been dying to go back ever since.

Feb 28, 07 11:57 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

brocc...me too, i was there in like, 75 or 76....

Feb 28, 07 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

huh, no kidding! i was there in '77/'78. my family lived overseas (germany, egypt, UK) until i was about 8 so i got to see a lot of cool stuff at a young age. madurodam is still one of my fondest memories.

johnprolly -- those pics are great, thanks for sharing.

Feb 28, 07 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

brocco, uh my father was stationed in Mannheim from 74 - 77/78....

Feb 28, 07 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

The rest are locked and loaded.

Still haven't found time to name them all and delete the unnecessary pics.

Enjoy

Mar 1, 07 8:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: