Archinect
anchor

malls , airports packed how??????

i have seen many maals and airport terminals and have seen that they all are compeletely packed with no windows at all ,ya it is done for the cooling but how is it done from where do the airvents start from, is there a big cooler or an a.c. ????????

Jul 3, 12 8:50 am
accesskb

lol where are you from?  Every building, however small or large, needs to have appropriately sized HVAC (heating, ventilation, air circulation) systems.  If you ever work on a real project, as opposed to just making nice renderings and images, you'll have a better understanding.  There are mechanical rooms where all the HVAC equipment is stored, and conduits built and hidden behind walls, on spaces above the ceiling visible to the naked eye, and at times even below floors that you walk on.  If you looked more closely, you'll probably see diffusers and vents on ceilings or hidden places.

Learn and understand these.  It is what separates real architects who build, from those who think they're architects but only know how to create fancy renderings ;)

Jul 3, 12 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

lookup interior or envelope construction detail books

Jul 3, 12 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

I assume from the name that the OP is probably from the subcontinent. In that region, HVAC systems that are adequately sized and reliable enough to cool large buildings are rare and very expensive, so everything is required to have lots of windows for natural ventilation (for when the AC fails, which is pretty much all the time).

Jul 3, 12 8:09 pm  · 
 · 
OneLostArchitect

I thought this post was going to be about the economy. 

On that note...I have no clue how airports and malls are packed! isn't our economy shitty? Where are people getting their money?! 

Jul 3, 12 8:16 pm  · 
 · 

You should check out the Haj Terminal by  SOM.

There's your HVAC yo!

Jul 4, 12 12:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: