Archinect
anchor

Select the suitable material

KheeKhee

Which steel can withstand the most weight and suitable to act as a material for staircase?

A) Mild Steel

B) Medium Steel

C) Hard Steel

D) Spring Steel

E) Stainless Steel

F) High Strength Low Alloy Steel

G) Weathering Steel

Jul 1, 12 12:05 am
Rusty!

What the fuck am I looking at? Where did you even get this list?

Back in my schooling days, internet was AOL. 

Jul 1, 12 2:38 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

This isn't a troll is it?  I bet if you looked at the wikipedia page for all of those, you could narrow it down a bit.  You could even check that on dial-up.  High strength low alloy steel?  Really?  I would add A36 to the list just for shits and giggles. 

Otherwise, I would vote for stainless steel.  That stuff is awesome.  I tried to spec stainless steel pipes for concrete bollards once.  It was quickly VEed out though :(

This, by the way, is what metal stairs look like, more or less.  If you were to order their prefabricated stair, you would not have to indicate the sort of metal it's made of.  In fact, you don't have an option (you can get it galvanized though, which sounds like a metal term).

Jul 1, 12 9:58 am  · 
 · 
calculator

galvanization is a process of putting a layer of zinc on top of some other metal to protect it against rust.  A good idea for metal outdoors or exposed to corrosive elements.  There is a difference between hot-dip galvanization and plain galvanization - the plain one can be done with a sort of paint and doesn't have anywhere near the protective value.

Jul 1, 12 12:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: