Archinect
anchor

Roofing material question

tjdlghkd

Hello Im a high school student in NZ

For my school subject, I am designing a library for a small primary/intermediate school and currently I'm having trouble researching roofing materials/construction.

I would like to have this kind of roof for my design but I cannot identify what kind of material it is. It seems to be corrugated steel but im not sure. Could you please help me with this issue?

And also if you were building a small library (about 200spm) with average budget, what would be the best roofing option? (The concept has a low angle roof like the one above.)

Thank you very much

Kind regards.

Jun 27, 12 11:59 pm
tjdlghkd

Sorry but anyone?

Jun 29, 12 6:05 am  · 
 · 

i'll give it a go, but i really don't know. it might be best to find someone familiar with the project to ask. for one, you can't really see the roof conditions well enough to identify. 

it does appear to be steel structure with steel purlins crossing the main structural members. on top of this it's likely to be a steel deck though, with such a short span between purlins, it could also be wood decking material.

on top of this (which we can't see at all) would be some sort of insulating material and weather protection. Among the possibilities: 

- rigid insulation with a roofing membrane, metal panel roofing, or shingle over

- insulating foam roofing

it's such a thin roof section, i'm really not sure. it doesn't appear to have much insulation depth unless something different is happening at the underside of the structure once you get inside the building. 

good luck.

Jun 29, 12 6:44 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: