Archinect
anchor

Unforgotten Places

Oidem

Unforgotten Places is a growing Architectural photographic series of buildings documented by Adrian Sierra for the purpose of study. These places inhabit a mystery in the light, space and form. The otherworldly quality of each of these structures, all of which defy gravity in a distinct manner, is unique. Each of these structures are timeless and summon poignant fragments of our history; greatness, austerity, elegance. They are evidence of human aspiration and resonate in the forefront of human existence. These Places will remain Unforgotten.

Formally educated in architecture, Adrian Sierra uses photography not only as a tool for documentation and study, but as a medium to express the intangible qualities of light, space, form and order. His work lies somewhere between the rational and the irrational capturing both the obvious and obscure elements of Architecture.

www.oidem.com/ufp

Feb 14, 07 2:37 pm
holz.box

the resizing on the website is really, really annoying when browsing through the photographs...

are you talking about yourself in the third person?
the ronchamp #2 is nice.

Feb 14, 07 2:52 pm  · 
 · 

if you actually try to use the thumbnails with the mouse, it might just make you have a seizure.

navigation is much better if you DON'T put your mouse on the thumbnails but just use your arrow keys.

not sure i'd spend $200+ for any of them, but they're wonderful photographs, adrian.

Feb 15, 07 7:14 am  · 
 · 
Oidem

Holtz.box, you are right about the annoying aspect of the browsing. it was and is the best i could and can do, since i am not a web designer (and i have no budget).

Steven Ward, sure arrows work better... it was not my choice... CS made it that way.

$200 is a gift to those who can afford it. These photos where taken on several once in a lifetime occasions... and with AGFA Scala film, which is now extinct since 2006, I believe... not only that, they are of very special places in the US, Europe and N. Africa... What is the price for a photo like this ??

Dec 5, 10 4:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: