Archinect
anchor

Open Letter to the Interns at my Office...

snooker

oh i must be getting old I remember LYCRA...!

Funny story:

My girlfriend at the time "Chemical Engineer"

Time of Year: Winter, Saturday Morning

Goal: To go cross country skiing in White Mountains.

Girlfriend dresses in Lycra cross country ski outfit. We meet friends and to to Scottsdale Sportings Good Store to pick up rental skies for
for people who don't won skies. This is cool people in rental place used to seeing women in Lycra...along with men in Lycra ( me blue jeans gator kinda guy). Then we have to stop for coffee, and munchies cause were headed north and of course something to give us a kick when were sking. I only wish I could have brought a video camera that day cause you should have seen the reactions we had from people. Women covering the eyes of there children, men with wide open mouths. I must say my lady friend even though a Chemical Engineer was a head turner even in day to day work clothes.

She used to work in an mirrored glass building. So when her or her counterpart, young sexy and rich would pull into the parking lot the guys would run for the windows just to check them out. I ask her
how the hell do you know this, and she smiled and I will show you.
So one Friday afternoon I swung by her office and we went and ran and errand around three in the afternoon and I returned to her office she pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car I remained seated as instructed but was told to turn around and look at the building. Low and behold the sun was at the back of all those bastards lined up in the window. the light passing thru the building so you could see their outline against the glass. She crawled back into the car and laughed. They did eventually tell the guys in the office the joke was on them, about the time they moved out of that building.

Mar 28, 07 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
+i

Dear Old Cad Monkey,

The best part of my day is watching you open Revit for the first time. The look on your face is classic and I love it when you try to type in a command, oh you make my day.

Here's to you, Cad Monkey, opening Revit...
do not ungroup the three hundred rooms just placed. DUPLICATE a family and then edit and rename it, dont just edit it outright without asking. STOP with the unnecessary constraints- seriously. and why do you insist on saving to central EVERY five minutes- just save to local- save to central every HOUR.

Now pop your collar and act like the know-it-all you were with Cad... and then take that Revit model into Viz and render, muthaf*cker.

Mar 28, 07 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

i had a drafting teaching in HS that said "just fake it in"
maybe you could forward your intern letter to him too
heh

Mar 29, 07 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
Cure

wow. what firm is this? and how much do they pay? :P haha

Mar 29, 07 1:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: