Archinect
anchor

defpoints-PURGE ?

sterling hall

ACAD q- can i ever PURGE the defpoint layer ? i need to make some dwgs into a specific layer - + linetype 'standard' + even if i copy/paste into new file the defpoint layer is follwing this previously executed dwg ...

how can i get rid of the DEFPOINT layer - ie is it feasible ?

Aug 6, 04 12:28 pm
jitter12

From my understanding, you cannot get rid of the defpoint or the 0 layer. Some of the gurus out there may know how, though.

Aug 6, 04 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

make a WBLOCK of the drawing elements you want - it will be a file with only relative layers - others will be purged out.
There must be something on it (hidden) for it to be "in Use"
Or, just rename it something you can use!
Try AUDIT too.

Aug 6, 04 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

oh yeah - check both MS and PS - there may be some "schrapnel" on the DEFPOINTS layer

Aug 6, 04 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

why would you? have you tried changing the layer name and then translating the layer to 0? i know you can make any layer not print, but defpoints seems awfully valuable.

Aug 6, 04 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
sterling hall

i found i could 'rename' the existing defpoint layer;

it would then revert to a 'no-plot' [icon], but then just remove the non-plot to it's new assignment.

this seems to i think work to eliminate (over-ride) the defpoint layer fr the new CAD file.

Aug 6, 04 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
sterling hall

this city CAD standard doesn't allow us to have any layers/types that don't exist in their protocall - ie > very strict..

Aug 6, 04 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
xacto11

Wow, that is one strict city. I wonder why they would have a cow if you had the defpoints and 0 layers in the files?

Aug 6, 04 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
threshold

Dimensions use the depoints layer (those little dots at the very ends of the extension lines) so if you have any dimensions in your file your are actually using the layer.

Aug 6, 04 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
Brim

I worked in an office that plotted from model space - We kept the paper size rectangle on defpoints so it would not plot. It's useful for other stuff...just can't think of them right now.

Aug 8, 04 11:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: