Archinect
anchor

mp3 recorder

Ludwig

Does anybody know of any mp3 player that could also work as a recorder. I want to record some ambient noise during my holidays.

I found the iRiver iHP 140 40 GB for $380 and was ready to buy it but then I found out that you can plug a device called Griffin iTalk into the top of an iPod and get "world-class voice recorder ". Can this record decent ambient sound?

Are there any other options?
thanks.

Aug 6, 04 7:26 am
NSJ

The new MacWorld has a review of the Griffin and Belkin recorders for the Ipod.

link

Don't know if the review is on the website but you can check it out at your local mag reading room, aka Barnes and Noble.

Aug 6, 04 8:58 am  · 
 · 
Ludwig

Thanks for the Link. I also went to a newsand to look for the magazine. Unfortuntely the review was more like an advertisement.
I am still thinking about it.
I also found a new product The iRiver H340River H340 It comes with the bonus of USB2.0 and you can use it to store photos straight from your digital camera. It has a color screen and you can see the pics there.

Aug 11, 04 9:38 am  · 
 · 
A

I have an older iRiver flash media mp3 player that records very well. Not sure if I'd call it "world class" but it could catch ambient sound well enough. Have also been quite pleased with Samsung mp3 players qualities and are much cheaper than an ipod, which I think are grossly overpriced and not of superior quality. Oh please please can we now get an argument going about Mac vs. PC?

Aug 11, 04 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy_Grant

i read that if you flash the bios of the iriver h340 or h320 with the korean or european firmware you get the ability to view video...

i'm getting one ASAP :)

Dec 27, 04 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
je

bloodclot - do you recall where you read this? Can it work with a US model? I read that there were some internal differences between the US and European models, which may not allow this to work? I bought a H340 a few weeks ago - must say it's worth every cent.

Dec 27, 04 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy_Grant
http://www.misticriver.net/
Dec 28, 04 3:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: