Archinect
anchor

Do you think Modern Architecture still reflects our society?

Transparence

Architecture has connected with the world we live in. But do you think Modern Architecture still reflects our society? 

Jun 21, 12 9:14 am
gwharton

Oh yes. Very much. It's sterile, inhumane, psychologically damaging, socially destructive, and deeply unsatisfying. All that's really changed is that it has devolved into pastiche over the last few decades, so now it's pathetic as well. 

I'd say it still reflects modern society very well indeed.

Jun 21, 12 12:25 pm  · 
 · 

unfortunately, yes....since much of what we see as buildings today are difficult to be considered Architecture, it is a clear representation of what society considers Architecture.

Jun 21, 12 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
oe

I would say our detached, superficial, pseudo-nostalgic fool's paradise is more post-modern at this point.

Jun 26, 12 8:47 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

I think I've lost touch with what the world thinks modern architecture is.  Can you help explain it?  I picture modern architecture as being a bit sterile maybe, but no more psychologically damaging than a zen garden.

Jun 26, 12 9:18 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: