Archinect
anchor

doing my intern at OMA Rotterdam - looking for a room now (Sept '12 - March '13)

laNathalie

Hey guys,

I am starting my internship at OMA in Rotterdam in September 2012 and I will do it for six months. (I actually still cannot really believe they took me..)

Now I am looking for a room to rent, in a flat shared with others or an appartment, but I guess, that this will be rather expensive.

I would prefer the flat to be maximum 1km from the central station, but that would be the 'perfect' version. To my person: I am 23 years old, I study architecture, I come from Germany (Aachen, near Collogne) and I already share my flat with two other people, so I know how to cope with others ;)

I read often, that Mr. Vliegenthart should be a good adress, does he speak english?

So many questions, I hope that someone can help in some way.

Bye!

Jun 20, 12 3:11 am

Yes Vliegenthart has a lot of houses and always place for one extra, and affordable, but also quite crappy. Don't know if he speakes English though. Just contact him and I think you'll be fine. Appartments are quite expensive +/- 650 for a small one.

Good luck at OMA!

Jul 2, 12 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

wont you be working 24/7?

Jul 2, 12 11:42 pm  · 
 · 

Yes he will ;D

Jul 3, 12 10:17 am  · 
 · 
Unii

Hi guys, I want to apply as intern at OMA. I just finished 4 years, but still I am not sure what to do. I love to work in one of  Rem Koolhaas studios. laNathalie, pls can u help me by telling what you sent to OMA studios ( except the requirements listed on their website). Anything would help me.

thank you !  :)

Jul 11, 12 3:59 am  · 
 · 
olol

Hello, I got accepted at OMA, too. I will be starting late January and I'm also in the need to know how to find a shared flat, or a room. I called Mr. V and he told me to call him one week before arriving, but I think that would not be leaving enough time left for solving late-hour problems that might appear.

hey @laNathalie, how's your internship going + how did you finally find your place?

Thanks in advance!

Dec 30, 12 1:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: