mmm3

txt2mtxt

Aug 5, 04 12:06 pm
ArchAngel

Never new about that one! Wow - thanks.

Aug 5, 04 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
duke19_98

is there a good place online that has a list of AutoCad ShortCuts, possibly some type of reference manual?

Aug 5, 04 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
THREADS

I'm sure you all know about this one but it changed my life

xclip

Aug 5, 04 12:53 pm  · 
 · 

here's a few...

CDORDER
DrawOrder, based on color number.

CHSPACE
Change objects from Paper to Model, and vice-versa

TCASE
Change the text case

TCOUNT
For sequencing numbers

\X <-- Has to be a capitol X.
When editing dimension text, put stuff under a dimension line

Holding SHIFT while in TRIM to EXTEND
Holding SHIFT while in EXTEND to TRIM

Don't pick entities to EXTEND or TRIM to just press ENTER to use all objects on screen as cutting/extention objects.

Aug 5, 04 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

you guys....

go into the program files

and thus into your autocad folder

go into "support"

open up acad.pgp

this is your pgp file. it is basically a list of all the autocad commands, and relavant shortcuts, including add ons like archT, desktop, express tools or whatever. if you print this file, you can consult the list as you go, and more easily memorize the commands. don't mess with the toolbars, they just waste time.

Aug 5, 04 12:59 pm  · 
 · 

le b...

OR, type ALIASEDIT to edit/look at the command shortcuts.

AND, type SYSVDLG to edit/look at the system variables.

(This is all predicated on having the bonus tools installed.)

Sometimes the PGP file is burried in the following location:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\AutoDESK\...

Aug 5, 04 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

va

what are the bonus tools? i'm currently running autocad 2000i and my it guy says i can't even get express tools, which sounds fishy to me. i run 2004 on my laptop though, and it already had express tools.

Aug 5, 04 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

what version are you running? neither of those commands are doing anything for me

Aug 5, 04 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
aeaa

i found the 'L' key and it changed my life...........

Aug 5, 04 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
Margine

You may know this already, but if you go to the acad.pgp file you can key in your own commands and save the file. Don't mess up with the existing commands, just write in your own commands. I have it set up so I only use the left hand to type the commands (all the commands are on the left side of the keyboard) and the right hand to move the mouse.

Aug 5, 04 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
achg

bpoly

Aug 5, 04 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

yes virtual architect none of ur commands work for me, although i knew ALIASEDIT & SYSVLDG

u have some special lisp file i guess

Aug 5, 04 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

After you've changed dimension text to some static value, you can always go back by erasing and typing<>, as original...it will assume it's actual annotation - tried it last week and it worked!

Aug 5, 04 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

wow your right thats bizarre. what do you use this for though? i use the properties window a lot for editing dimensions, and it always lists the original distance above the override line. is there a better way to edit these?

Aug 5, 04 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

Naw - dont do that..In your command line just type ED and click on the text of the dimension.
I type over dimenions to say "Verify" or "V.I.F." or to simply add a "Max." or "Min."...if completely overwritten and you want to go back just type <> and it will have its original given value. Weird, huh?

Aug 5, 04 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

well, yeah

Aug 5, 04 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

that is a much better way to edit dimensions. ;) thanks

Aug 5, 04 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

no problema

Aug 5, 04 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
theSultan

I love viewres. It lets you make up the resolution of your output so all curvres are actually curved

Aug 5, 04 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

ALIGN is nice
MVSETUP>ALIGN>ROTATE is nice for flippin views without changing the xRefs in MS.

Aug 5, 04 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

i'm a big fan of NCOPY..copying stuff from xrefs into the
active drawing...

and i like using the fence when i trim and extend..

Aug 6, 04 2:02 am  · 
 · 
.nl

j'adore Quickselect, lets you select stuff by every parameter in Acad.

great in busy drawings

Aug 6, 04 5:44 am  · 
 · 
Peru

"OVERKILL" - deletes duplicates of lines, great when making 2Dplans etc. from 3d models imported from other apps.

Aug 6, 04 5:55 am  · 
 · 
satan

i like to 'select all' then i press 'delete'. do this a lot and you will see a huge smile across your supervisors face.

Aug 6, 04 7:33 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i've got a ton of cool commands and tips, but the one i personally like now is filter, you can really do alot with that. battman is great for manipulation of attribute blocks and lman is a godsend for people that know how to use the software. does anyone know mirrtext? or how about using demand copy with the correct settings, like indexctl, xloadpath...this is helpful when using xclip.

Aug 6, 04 7:53 am  · 
 · 
xxx

Hey what's this Iman business? I type it and nothing happens.

Aug 6, 04 10:12 am  · 
 · 
weave

yeah quick select, chspace, overkill are the chronic...

don't forget layiso...

Aug 6, 04 10:52 am  · 
 · 
HeiberKalmar

mmmmmm......... superhatch
dispsilh = 1

black and white 3D drawings = design confidence :-P

xxx, it's LMAN

Aug 6, 04 11:57 am  · 
 · 
threshold

The Layer Manager along with several of the other commands listed above are part of the current "Express Tools" which come on the disks for both 2004 & 2005 but are not installed by default. You need to install them yourself.

Prior to 2004 you had to be on the VIP/Subscription program to get them free or you have to buy them on A-Desk's website.

Personally, I don't know how you can do without them!

Aug 6, 04 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Everyone may know this already, but double clicking the right mouse button when trimming or extending to use the nearist line as the boundary.

What about the batch editing function in Photoshop?????????????????? Changed my life

Aug 7, 04 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
archetecton

DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW THE %% COMMANDS IN THE TEXT EDITOR?

TRY TYPING %%P OR %%D OR %%C INTO THE MLINE TEXT EDITOR...

Aug 9, 04 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
Brim
What about the batch editing function in Photoshop?????????????????? Changed my life

...as well as Premiere, After Effects, and some other adobe progs. Life saver mroe like it.

Aug 9, 04 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
bristone

%%U = underscore
%%O = overscore
%%P = plus/minus
%%D = degrees
%%C = cen./diameter

how about MAXSORT ... lets you increase (or decrease) the maximum number of layers that layer manager will alphabetically sort (helps when you have so many layers in one dwg that they are unsorted when you open layer manager)

SNAPBASE ... sets the origin for a hatch (i.e. bricks)

UCSFOLLOW ... set to 1, your display follows the rotation of the UCS orientation - i use this when drawing elevations (around a plan)
[then try UCS, Z, 90, etc... - whenever you want back home just type UCS, enter, enter] tip: if you leave your base elevations drawn in different orientations, then xref them into a sheet dwg, you'll have to turn on UCSFOLLOW in the viewport, then use UCS,Z to rotate, then zoom/scale it, then turn off UCSFOLLOW before getting out of the viewport's modelspace; because if you don't it will flip out next time you get into the viewport modelspace. shit, i may have lost you on that, but when it happens don't say i didn't warn you.

i ended up using these last 2 commands so much they earned abbreviations in my acad.pgp file:
"UCSF" for uscfollow
and "SB" for snapbase.

oh and don't forget PURGE.

Aug 9, 04 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
French

I'm surprised nobody talked about the good old blipmode
Completely worthless but the coolest command name (actually overkill was kindda cool too)

Aug 10, 04 6:35 am  · 
 · 
oregon

Blipmode is badass. I remember in AutoCAD 10 when it actually had a function

Aug 10, 04 7:06 am  · 
 · 
lexi

mbuttonpan to pan and scroll with middle button

and type \x in your dimension text to put text on both sides of dim line

Aug 10, 04 11:02 am  · 
 · 
richardtaylor

Fenceline trim:

"t space, f space"

~depending on your hotkey inputs

Aug 10, 04 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
ap

ZOOMFACTOR

les you set how fast the scroll wheel zooms.

Aug 10, 04 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
Mum

In 2000 go to Dimension>Style then hold the shift and Ctrl keys down while you left click on the the graphic image.

In 2004 press CTRL and click color 152 in the color dialogue box.

In 2005 open the layer dialogue box. Press and hold down Shift+CTRL and click on the "inverse filter" option.

Aug 11, 04 7:52 am  · 
 · 
threshold

How does that \X function work with dimensions? I use the propertied dialog box to edit my dims I it does not work for me there (ADT 2004).

Aug 11, 04 8:55 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

make sure there is no space between the dim and \ and make sure x is capitalised.

another thing everyone should do is set your save percentage to 0 zero percent, this helps to get rid of errors by doing a full save everytime you do a qsave.

Aug 11, 04 10:54 am  · 
 · 
threshold

betadinesutures,

I gave that a try - selected the dim string, right-clicked > properties then under "Text" I typed this into "Text Override":

<>/X test

expecting my default dim over the line and "test" under it. The result was literally <>/X over the dim line.

I'm assuming there is a different way to edit dims that this will actually work for???

Aug 11, 04 11:34 am  · 
 · 

backslash \ not forward slash /

as in \X or <>\XMIN.

Aug 11, 04 11:54 am  · 
 · 
proto

CNTRL-Q

Aug 11, 04 11:59 am  · 
 · 

Here's some toggles & shortcuts with the CTRL (Control) Key...

CTRL + 0 : Full Screen
CTRL + 1 : Properties (use this a lot)
CTRL + 2 : Design Center
CTRL + 3 : Tool Palette
CTRL + 6 : Database Connect
CTRL + A : Select All
CTRL + B : Snap
CTRL + C : Copy
CTRL + SHFT + C : Copy with Basepoint
CTRL + D : Coordinates
CTRL + E : Isoplane
CTRL + F : OSnap
CTRL + G : Grid
CTRL + H : Pickstyle
CTRL + J : Repeat Last Command
CTRL + K : Hyperlink
CTRL + L : Ortho
CTRL + M : Repeat Last Command
CTRL + N : New
CTRL + O : Open
CTRL + P : Plot
CTRL + Q : Quit
CTRL + S : Save
CTRL + SHFT + S : Save As
CTRL + T : Tablet
CTRL + U : Polar
CTRL + V : Paste
CTRL + W : OTrack
CTRL + X : Cut
CTRL + Z : Undo
CTRL + ESC : Windows Start Button
CTRL + TAB : Cycle thru open drawings
CTRL + PageUp : Cycle RIGHT thru Layouts
CTRL + PageDown : Cycle LEFT thru Layouts
CTRL + Pause/Break : Cancel
CTRL + LeftClick: Selection Cycling
CTRL + RightClick : OSnap/OTrack Options + One time use
CTRL + Arrow Keys (Snap On) : Moves Cursor per Snap Increment

Aug 11, 04 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
c_cube

is there a way to isolate colors on the same layer? damn engineers...

Aug 11, 04 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

c_cube - use qselect

Aug 11, 04 5:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: