Archinect
anchor

How much do I charge for Site Photography

mad+dash

I'm taking a side gig for a real estate company by photographing their properties. Before the "how much do you charge?" question comes up today, what would be a reasonable amount. How much should I charge for that and delivering nicely-photoshopped images, and a little graphic design work.

Thanks.

Feb 2, 07 10:07 am
rutger

Depends on how good your photos are and where you are, I would say make an hour estimation and multiply by x per hour then add estimated costs et voila...

Copyright is just as important in this case imo. Is it for a specific publication or can they make eternal use of the images? That's a big prize difference. Also your name, do you want your name on the pictures, or are you gonna let them buy this right from you? And finally are you allowed to publish your own pics on a website or whatever?
(if that's something you want)

A top architecture photographer can cost like $10.000 a day, that's way more than you'll make but just to give an impression, $1000 a day would sound okay to me if I was doing it, depending a little on how copyright stuff is arranged. Since it is for a real estate company I would say don't undercharge : )

Feb 2, 07 12:24 pm  · 
 · 

Well I've paid $500 for 5 best prints for our work, copyright included. It was easiest for us, allowed us to look through what was taken and make offers on any additional prints. This was inclusive of editing times as well. We've had other jobs were is twice that, or ten times. It just depended on what the final outcome was and what we needed it for.

Feb 2, 07 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
jbirl

Or will these photos be used in newspaper/MLS type real estate ads, where you could practically do a drive by shooting type of picture?

Feb 3, 07 2:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: