Archinect
anchor

Mooninites Take Boston!

mfrech

Anyone else from the Boston area catch a whiff of the day-long security frenzy set off by the recent Aqua Teen Hunger Force ads? This was hilarious...congratulations, local media, we are still so easy to terrify.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/breaking_news/2007/01/suspicious_pack.html

Jan 31, 07 10:21 pm
knock

this really perplexes me ... they are calling them "device" and a "hoax"? this seems like advertising to me, one that maybe should have thought a little more sensitively about how it was done, but they are really planning on prosecuting for this? are homemade bombs really made out of just thin circut boards and D batteries? shouldn't our local and government authorites be able to detct that these were not bombs? i'm also confused on where they were placed ... i only heard about the ones on or around highways and bridges, which makes this seem like it was a hoax. any insight?

Jan 31, 07 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
poncedeleonel

sounds like some fun advertising to me... ...i wonder what reactions these ads caused in other cities, especially since they had been up for weeks. I guess they should have been more visible to people during the da, not just when lit at night. good idea, poor execution, hilarious and sad result.

Jan 31, 07 10:46 pm  · 
 · 
appleate

there's another one up (without a real picture) for $150. fakes should start showing up any time now.

Feb 1, 07 7:09 am  · 
 · 
Liebchen

9/11 has helped this country become the mad house its always wanted to be. Good thing we have such a vigillant and militant police force to protect us from the likes of Aqua Teen Hunger Force!

Anyway, Patrick and the police officials are doing a great job of staving off embarassement by pegging alll blame on a large corperation (Turner). Everyone hates and distrusts large corperations.

Feb 1, 07 8:56 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

yeah, the mooninites invade boston!

"no one can escape the quad laser"

Feb 1, 07 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

jumping...is useless!

Feb 1, 07 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

I've just seen this on the BBC news this evening.

between this and the this

link

you got issues

we've got the jitters here too.

yesterday

When the news article started on Aqua Teen Hunger Force I actually thought the Boston story was about an offensive cartoon causing mayhem in Boston. I'm sure the character is giving the bird!

Feb 1, 07 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

awww dude, they removed the sale from ebay!

Feb 1, 07 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
Liebchen

There's plenty more if you search for it.

Feb 1, 07 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I saw one of those things on the 'L' structure in my neighborhood a couple weeks ago. I wasn't sure what it was (I don't watch the show), but somehow it never ocurred to me that I should have called the bomb squad.

Feb 1, 07 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
oe
Feb 1, 07 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
orEqual
"That's not a hair question. I'm sorry."
Feb 1, 07 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

yeeeah, oe! i like it!!!

Feb 1, 07 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
conormac

ps George Bush didn't do this stupid thing.

just fyi.

Feb 2, 07 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

this is exactly what i have been wanting to do for a while now, guerilla architecture....

Feb 2, 07 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
oe

Ive done it. I dont know, when you try to work in 3d the bang for the buck is really difficult. Minimalism doesnt really fit with media warfare.

Feb 2, 07 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
sandmansd

I heard alot of blabber yesterday on NPR about what a bad marketing ploy this was...

but wait...

now everybody who listens to NPR knows about Aqua Teen... hmmm... negative publicity really is publicity after all... jeez, whodathunk?

Feb 2, 07 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

exactly! there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Feb 2, 07 3:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: