Archinect
anchor

Uncle Frank wants you

architexas

Anybody Local can explain todays Gehry Job Postings?
They are looking for everybody.....and YOU.

Jan 31, 07 5:05 pm
joshuacarrell

Maybe new developments in Utah, New York, Los Angeles, and everywhere! No longer just doing a building at a time, it looks like they are ramping it up to whole mini-cities.
j

Jan 31, 07 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

How much is Uncle Frank even involved anymore?? Seems like a huge corporate machine these days...

Jan 31, 07 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

You'd think and architecture firm would avoid the use of the title information architect.

Jan 31, 07 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
AP

or perhaps the opposite, garpike. some don't see this as a threat to a title, rather a useful trend that may in the end mean more individuals with an awareness of what makes something architecture or architectural. just a passing notion...i haven't given this much thought...

Jan 31, 07 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
joshuacarrell

I'm surprised nobody is very fussed about the fact that none of the "architect" jobs require registration. Yes, information architect is a little questionable, but since CAB fines every joe who calls himself an arquitex, why not get these big firms that consistently advertise for architects, without requiring them to be architects. CAB could raise over $6000 from Gehry alone! (please not the cynicism and sarcasm, CAB only wants to fine interns and small timers, the big time firms own CAB!)
j

Jan 31, 07 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
joshuacarrell

That is "note" not "not", my bad.
j

Jan 31, 07 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Combining what I gather from AP and josh, maybe informatiom architect is the only architect Gehry should be hiring.

Jan 31, 07 8:28 pm  · 
 · 

hehe- we should stick the CAB on FOG!

I can't imagine a more corporate work environment masquerading as starchitect. It seems that frank has been seduced by the dark side of developers and is chasing after greed.

Jan 31, 07 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

You can't blame the guy... well, indy might.

Jan 31, 07 8:30 pm  · 
 · 

well, that's what happens when you start hanging out with Eli Broad.

Jan 31, 07 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
tc79

No "Architect 1"? Damn!

Jan 31, 07 11:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: