Archinect
anchor

Being an Architect...Whats it like?

post-neorealcrapismist

the physical act of being an architect is like the song "pour some sugar on me" by def leopard. it is not always the appropriate time for it to be played, but when it does it makes you want to drink.

Feb 1, 07 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

The way I see it, if you're really passionate about architecture, go for it. We live once and will all die one day, so why spend your life doing something you don't like or taking it easy. I hear from everyone how tough architecture etc etc. You may or may not achieve your dream of being an architect, but atleast your time on earth will be worth it. Better than just taking it easy in life, sticking to easy things and things you don't like doing.

On the other hand, if you aren't really passionate about it but just want the fame that it could bring. Forget about it. No run from it.

Feb 2, 07 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

What's it like? Yesterday I received an e-mail on average every 8.75 minutes and a phone call every 30 minutes. Days like these, I am just an organizer, a coordinator of concepts and a documentor of technicalities.

Feb 2, 07 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

wAtS - didn't we go over this before? Aren't there now only very few states where one can get registered via only work experience, and even then isn't it more like 13 years in the field not 8?

Feb 2, 07 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
Queen of England

lol

Feb 2, 07 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

Master documentor of technicalities - I like that terminology.

That title alone will get you great ass.

Feb 2, 07 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
snowsuzi

Architecture = Frustration.....................

Feb 4, 07 12:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: