Archinect
anchor

What software were these drawings made in?

accesskb

Is it Revit?  I like the shadows and details of the sections especially, and was wondering If its possible to do them in the software as opposed to doing it in photoshop/illustrator which could take a lot of time I'd think.

thanks

Jun 14, 12 10:28 pm
SDR

Those sections read well, don't they.

There's some evidence of Asian content.  Could it be this is a program not in common

use in North America ?

Jun 14, 12 11:47 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

sketchup?

Jun 14, 12 11:49 pm  · 
 · 
LOOP!

Could definitely be Revit w/ some photoshop.

Jun 15, 12 12:05 am  · 
 · 
Sergo Antadze

It looks like Archicad.  You can do same in Archicad, without  Photoshop involvement.

Jun 15, 12 2:27 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

Looks like Illustrator to me.

Jun 15, 12 8:33 am  · 
 · 
gwharton

It does look a lot like ArchiCAD, except for the continuous-border profile lines on the 3D planimetrics. I don't know of any software that can do that reliably.

Jun 15, 12 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
Median

Doesn't seen like anything that couldn't be done easily with rhino, and brought into illustrator with perhaps a little photoshop. For the continuous outline, "meshoutline" in Rhino and then "make2d".

Jun 16, 12 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

yes, we know how to do it.. just wondering if there was a quicker way to put in the shadows etc.  It would be time consuming to do all of that manually, jumping between programs

Jun 16, 12 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
Sergo Antadze

If you build a complete model in Archicad, all you need to do is, turn on option, to show shadows in elevations, sections or 3D cutaway, and you are done.  For shadows or hatches, no additional efforts are necessary. Unlike Revit, you can draw any 2D graphics on elevations, sections, without using any additional software.

I cannot figure out how to attach the image here, to show you small sample I found in my old staff.

Jun 16, 12 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
MyDream

i've seen alex hogere's turtorials that is definitely photoshop the building could have been designed in a bunch of different programs revit,sketch up,archicad,illustration, etc. There is defintely some photoshop in there how else are they going to input people into the drawing to show some live within the rendering.

Jun 16, 12 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
Sergo Antadze

It could be Photoshop too, no one can say for sure, but input of people, cars or trees in the same software is not a problem at all, including 3D views. I have done that countless times. 

Jun 16, 12 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
Archrichard

Looks like it could be REVIT to me, with or without Photoshop.

Jun 19, 12 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
Kobe Bryant

@access

Mind sharing where this project was referenced from?

Jun 19, 12 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Archicad

Jun 19, 12 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
Pixar

For Shadows you could try the "parallel projections" In Sketch Up, with the Shadows "on". 

Jun 19, 12 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
207moak

CAD

Jun 20, 12 9:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: