Archinect
anchor

online applications

sureel08

if an online application has a field for a resume upload, and two other fields for cover letter/ sample uploads would it be alright to only include 1 work sample page rather than the typical 2-3? there is a limit of 1.6 mb for the total upload so uploading a multipage pdf is most likely out of the question and the cover letter is a "must" upload.... any opinions would be great..

also this is for a large corporate firm....if only one page what would be the most benificial to include for a recent graduate

thanks

Jan 28, 07 9:57 pm
archiphreak

my advice would be to cut down the samples to one or two pages (simply reducing the dpi can help also) and add a note that a hard copy resume w/ cover letter and work samples will be accompanied. some may think differently but that's how i would handle it.

Jan 29, 07 2:32 pm  · 
 · 

If your .pdf is being made by Illustrator or Photoshop, un-check the "preserve Illustrator/Photoshop editing capabilities" box in the save settings. If it is being made by Acrobat Pro, there is a 'Reduce File Size' option, I believe under the 'File' pulldown. Either of these methods should greatly reduce the size of your pdfs.

Jan 29, 07 2:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: